Avidyne IFD 440 free offer maybe the solution?

txflyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Fly it like you STOL it ♦
For us existing 430W flyers maybe this is the way to go. Avidyne is offering a free ADS-B out solution valued at $2499 with purchase of the IFD 440.

As you all probably know, it's a slide in replacement for the GNS430. No rack to change out which has to save several hundred bucks maybe more on labor.

I'm not affiliated with them, just got their offer in an email. I told myself I'm sticking with Garmin because of market share no matter what but ..... what say the cloud group here?

http://www.avidyne.com/landing/ifd540-xpdr-promo.asp

Did I read it wrong? It looked to me like you need to buy the 440 and their ADS-B Out transponder and they will throw in (without installation) an ADS-B In unit that displays only on the 440. I am still leaning toward the Garmin 345 that will work with ForeFlight and not lock me in to a particular GPS/Nav/Comm.

Did I read it wrong? It looked to me like you need to buy the 440 and their ADS-B Out transponder and they will throw in (without installation) an ADS-B In unit that displays only on the 440. I am still leaning toward the Garmin 345 that will work with ForeFlight and not lock me in to a particular GPS/Nav/Comm.

Dang, you're right. Didn't catch that. Oh well, I wanted to wait a little longer anyway. By 2020 there's no telling what will be available.

Back