Two place sailplane (aka Glider) needed.

saddletramp

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
saddletramp
I'm trying to buy a two place glider to give rides & lessons in. Nothing real fancy. A 2-22 would even work. I'm having a difficult time locating anything.
I used to give dual in a Blanik L23. That would be ideal but I know their impossible to find.
Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks. A Grob just might fit the bill although I've never flown one.

Easy if you have flown any competitive single seater. Nothing to it. Also, they are aerobatic.

Easy if you have flown any competitive single seater. Nothing to it. Also, they are aerobatic.
Grob 103s come in both flavors, aerobatic and non. Our club had one of each for a time.

Believe it or not. I've been a CFIG since 1978 & have never flown a single seat sailplane. Even though I have over 500+ hours in sailplanes all of my hours are in three ships.

L-13, 2-22, & and L-23.

I worked for an FBO for a number of years & owned an FBO for 3.5 years & was only involved in sailplanes from a for-profit enterprise. I do realize after owned an FB that's an oxymoron.

As I recall some of the Grob's have a pretty low useful, load, so will want to check that.

I haven't got any two seat glass time, so can't say much about how they fly, but would expect it would be a big improvement over a 2-22/2-33 perhaps a bit similar to really nice L-23 (which I have flown). Glass gliders tend to be much more comfortable, have better performance and quieter cockpits.

Since the L-13s have been grounded, finding two seat gliders in the US has been fairly challenging.

Brian
CFIIG/ASEL

As a trainer and aircraft to solo people, I would recommend an ASK21. You simply can't stall or spin the thing, it just mushes. Also, very robust built and they are still being made (not sure whether Grob is still in the sailplane business). Performance isn't great though.

Back