Garmin 696 question

stapler101

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
stapler101
After almost 2 years without a plane, I got back in last week!
I am confused with all of the Garmin updates. I will only update every 2-3 years because 99% of my flying is to airports that I am familiar with.
I need to know which updates I need to buy in order to make sure I have the latest airport info (towered, non towered, frequencies, runways, etc) and obstacles.
I fly vfr only. I am not wanting terrain updated unless a bundle is my best option.
I am probably over thinking this but I want the best bang for the smallest buck!
My confusion is between airport data base and navigation data.

After almost 2 years without a plane, I got back in last week!
I am confused with all of the Garmin updates. I will only update every 2-3 years because 99% of my flying is to airports that I am familiar with.
I need to know which updates I need to buy in order to make sure I have the latest airport info (towered, non towered, frequencies, runways, etc) and obstacles.
I fly vfr only. I am not wanting terrain updated unless a bundle is my best option.
I am probably over thinking this but I want the best bang for the smallest buck!
My confusion is between airport data base and navigation data.

I believe the "Nav" one is the one you are looking for. The Safe Taxi will add the runway layouts, terrain &'obstacles will update stuff on the ground like new wind farms and the FliteCharts are needed if you use it for approach plates.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/prod31378.html

Back