Checkride scheduled for June 13

That's a long time to set and worry and get nervous about it too....

So do not do that! Good luck.

That's a long time to set and worry and get nervous about it too....

So do not do that! Good luck.

Strangely enough I'm not going to get nervous about it probably till the night before I just felt like telling someone. I'm more excited than scared

Congrats - mine is scheduled for June 11th!

I scheduled mine almost 3 weeks out and I used every bit of it to get prepared. I wouldn't go so far to say over prepared because there isn't such a thing. I slept like a baby the night before the checkride because the day before was a whole lot of practice and mentally taxing. By the time dinner was done, IACRA filed and clothes set aside, it was lights out. I slept better than I did the night before solo XC.

There was just no stopping once I walked in the door. Sat down, shook hands, did some paper work and off we went. A blur... like my wedding.

The last few weeks before mine I flew every couple days. Been a long time. I wont say I wasn't nervous but I also felt prepared. I had done a bunch of mock test one with my instructors dad who was a great corporate pilot but intimidating as they come. After flying with him the real test was a cake walk.

I know there are varying opinions but I talked (out loud) my way through everything (I still do). My thought at the time was even if I screw up he knows I know how it is supposed to be done. Guess you better know the PTS if well if you are going to do that.

My flight was almost exactly an hour out of a class C. I was kind of surprised the DPE had me do the landing portion of my test at my home airport. Although at the time that airport had a 2600' X 30' runway so not big by today's standards. The only thing I messed up was the soft field I put it on pretty stiff and he said lets do that again and I greased it. He then said pull up to the FBO and shut down. I was thinking great I just scared this guy so bad he is afraid to fly with me.:eek: But no he passed me and let me drive him back to the Class C airport about 30-40 minutes away to save the flight time getting back in and out. Sadly he was killed in an accident in a multi-engine flying it home coming out of maintenance possibly fuel related. :(

Good luck!!!

Wow, that's a lot of time to think about it. Surprised how many people here scheduled so far in advance. I knew I was getting close, but just one day my CFI was like, Ok, let's fill out your 8710. Called the DPE, and took the ride about a week later, next thing you know I had my PPL. One of the coolest days of my life.

Please practice several times between now and then. I had not flown with my CFI for over a month and I was rusty. I got through it but I had to abort two things and start over... Which is allowed by the way but...

We'll have to swap checkride stories, Brian... mine is scheduled for June 14th. I took my first flight last June, so it will mark exactly one year.

Whelp it's finally here a little after a year of starting flight training my checkride will be coming up on June 13. I'm excited and just wanted to share.

Which checkride is this for? Private? Good luck with it, and know that your instructors would not have signed you off if you had any chance of failing.

It's easier for everyone if you pass and believe me, NO one want anyone to do poorly.

Enjoy the flight and treat the DPE like a knowledgeable passenger. I've had three checkrides in the last year and each has been more nerve-wracking then the next, but you do learn a LOT.

We'll have to swap checkride stories, Brian... mine is scheduled for June 14th. I took my first flight last June, so it will mark exactly one year.

Best of luck on yours. I am sure you are going to do well and I look forward to seeing that writeup

Which checkride is this for? Private? Good luck with it, and know that your instructors would not have signed you off if you had any chance of failing.

It's easier for everyone if you pass and believe me, NO one want anyone to do poorly.

Enjoy the flight and treat the DPE like a knowledgeable passenger. I've had three checkrides in the last year and each has been more nerve-wracking then the next, but you do learn a LOT.

Yes it is for private and I plan to do just that to include briefing on emergency procedures and safety belt use etc etc. I will also have the week of the 6th to the 13th to work with my instructor and work out any last min issues I might have

Yes it is for private and I plan to do just that to include briefing on emergency procedures and safety belt use etc etc. I will also have the week of the 6th to the 13th to work with my instructor and work out any last min issues I might have

Good idea. I try to take off a few days from work before every checkride to spend as much time as I can in the plane and relax before going up with the DPE.

I'm sure you'll ace it, best of luck!

Back