NA your latest imbibement

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Port. Real Port ie Porto. From the Douro valley.
Pretty damn sweet. Like past girlfriends, I know it won't last. So I am enjoying while she I mean it is here.

attachment.php

Definitely going the cheaper route these days. I used to drink Glenmorangie, Glenlivet, Balvanie, Aberlour, MacAllan, etc...

Now it's Bud Light and Harp..feel like I'm back in my post-high school days...<sigh>

This stuff will kick your azz. Very smooth, too. 108 proof.

IMG_2996.JPG

image.jpg
I bought this yesterday, it's really good. Possibly the tastiest hard alcohol I've ever had - it will get you in trouble.

I had strawberry beer. Yep, strawberry.

It's good!

Friday night I hosted the National Tasting Project for the American Wine Society. The subject was Rhone Rangers and had a nine wines in the Rhone style from mostly Paso Robles (plus one from the Central Coast and one from the Russian River Valley).

Yesterday, we had a Scotch tasting party at a friends house. Seeing how it was Derby day, I brought some mint, simple syrup, and a bottle of Knob Creek to get us past post time. We then had maybe ten single malts. I brought some Talisker but we had Bunnahabhain and Bowmore from Islay (I could get into Islay next), along with Laphroaig, Glenfiddich Solera, Glenlivet, and a few more I'm not remembering. Plus if you wanted wine, I brought some of the Heartsprings Zinfandel that I produced in a single barrel batch at the Vint Hill winery.

I don't remember what the wine was that we were drinking in Antibe, France a couple weeks ago, but it was good. :)

Either rum and Coke, or a Cuba Libre. I use Bacardi rum, mainly because it is cheap, especially in PR. Nothing special. I have one almost every day at three, to celebrate that I'm still alive and kicking.

The store down the street sells $4 six-packs. Right now I'm drinking Anchor Steam.

Not sure what i'll sample, but Beer Club (MHTG.org) social is tonight at my neighborhood bar. There should be something I can tolerate ;-)

Possibly the best part of beer week is the really HIGH quality leftovers. There are some amazing beers on tap, and you don't have to fight the crowds to get them. Selections will change frequently! Here the list right now:

SOMETHING SPECIAL FROM WISCONSIN
POTOSI HOPSMITH DOUBLE IPA (9.1% ABV, 83 IBUS)
Hopsmith is intense: stronger, sweeter, more intensely hoppy version of traditional IPAs.[/FONT]
O'SO RUSTY RED (6% ABV)
Malt focused amber ale with a hint of roast and hops in the finish.
POTOSI CZECH PILSNER (5.5% ABV, 27 IBUS)
The rural Potosi Brewery uses traditional Saaz hops in this smooth and crisp lager.
O'SO HOP WHOOPIN' DIPA (7% ABV)
Freakish goodness in a lopsided hop bomb, from the little brewery in Plover WI.
ALE ASYLUM MAI THE BOCK BE WITH YOU (6.8% ABV)
A crisp German-style lager with light notes of sweetness.
NEW GLARUS CRAN-BIC (4.8% ABV)
Aged in oak barrels for five months outdoors. Sweet, fruity, and quite sour.
GLÖBAL DELEGATION!
DESCHUTES ARMORY XPA (5.9% ABV)
This experimental pale ale gets its bitter twist from Nugget and Northern Brewer hops, then delivers a pronounced citrus kick from Cascade, Centennial, and Citra hops.
AVERY LILIKOI KEPOLO (5.6$ ABV)
Luscious. Juicy. Tart. And like no other! Tropical passionfruit in a spicy witbier.
NEW BELGIUM HOPPY BLONDE (5.75% ABV)
A medium body beer that pours bright golden. It starts toasty sweet and has a tropical fruit aroma that quickly turns into an approachable bitterness.
BRUERY TERREUX RUEUZE (6% ABV)
Notes of hay, barnyard funk, apricots, and even olives play wonderfully with the acidity.
BAHNHOF TEQUILA BARREL-AGED BERLINER WEISSE (5% ABV)
Classic East German-brewed Berliner Weisse, intriguingly aged in tequila barrels.
BELL'S THIRD COAST OLD ALE (10.2% ABV)
Malt-focused, offering notes of burnt caramel & other earthy malt flavors.
BELGIAN DRAFTS
SOUR LINDEMAN’S FRAMBOISE (4.0% ABV)
Elegant and delicate; wonderful raspberry flavor; mostly sweet and a little sour.
GRIMBERGEN DUBBEL (6.5% ABV)
Gorgeous burgundy colored abbey dubbel with vinous fruit flavors and a hint of caramel.
BOSTEEL TRIPLE KARMELIET (8.4% ABV)
Wheat, oats and barley produce a honey-like sweetness, with soft vanilla notes. Smooth!
CHIMAY GRANDE RÉSERVE (BLUE) (9% ABV)
Highly enjoyable complex beer; toffee and molasses, fruity plums, cocoa finish.
RODENBACH CARACTÈRE ROUGE (7% ABV)
Fermented on fresh cherries, raspberries and cranberries, aged in oak.
RODENBACH FOEDERBIER (6% ABV)
Kegged straight from the wood, unblended, with a major lacto-acid sourness.

Started with a Rum and Coke a couple of hours ago but am now working on my homebrew mead. It is a sweet mead that is nearly 17% alc. a little sweet but when combined with homemade smoked cheese and crackers and some homemade smoked salmon....... I might just take tomorrow off.

5f2b603d5520b9d4c15dd9bbc6883355.jpg

Mac and Jacks African Amber, always good.

Back