Ed's logging PIC flow chart

Thanks, Simtech. That worked!

Six papa Charlie : I looked there first, but just didn't find it.

Thanks, y'all

For future reference if you just google "ed fred pic logging chart" it'll be the first result. That's what I do these days when I want to pull it up.

So after looking at this it appears that if you have ppl, and are doing ifr training under the hood, you cannot log PIC? My instructors have logged all my hood time as PIC, are they doing it wrong or am I reading the flow chart wrong?

I'm not able to pull it up for some reason, but I believe it says as long as you are sole manipulator you can log it.

So after looking at this it appears that if you have ppl, and are doing ifr training under the hood, you cannot log PIC? My instructors have logged all my hood time as PIC, are they doing it wrong or am I reading the flow chart wrong?
I am certain it does not say that. You are reading the flow chart incorrectly.

You read it wrong.
You have at least a Private Airplane Certificate, Y
Under the hood, you are the "sole manipulator" Y
(If your instructor or safety pilot is flying while you are under the hood, then don't log that time. But then the question is, why are you under the hood if they are flying for you?)
Log PIC , Y

This cracks me up. I actually had an instructor tell me he would fill in my log book for dual instruction in an aircraft I was rated in. But, he would just let me fill in the PIC block on my own, 'cause he didn't believe it was legal for both of us to log PIC time. I told him that that was OK, because its my log book. And anyway, I wouldn't pay to rent an airplane for which I was already qualified in AND pay for an instructor, and NOT be the "sole manipulator" of the controls. .... "I'm not paying for you to get stick time!"

http://www.aopa.org/Pilot-Resources...ject-Report-Logging-Pilot-in-Command-PIC-Time

Back