25969559010_cd83747467_b.jpg

25639763073_c0a34b8c4c_b.jpg

26242432755_962f50c9aa_b.jpg

26216498086_1560b78340_b.jpg

25637657794_5b2110b5ab_b.jpg

25637655254_a1f6d994bb_b.jpg

26216489526_7564cb8c1c_b.jpg

26242418645_11b9dfa15a_b.jpg

The want is strong for an eagle. Thats one paint scheme that has not looked dated even though it came out in what the 70s?

Wow, that just POPS against the background. Maybe when our club gets our 182 back from paint some nice air shots would be nice

The want is strong for an eagle. Thats one paint scheme that has not looked dated even though it came out in what the 70s?
The paint on this one is 29 years old and looks like the day it was done. It took him 30 hours to lay out the top wing alone! You're right, the scheme holds up today!

Very nice as usual.
Thanks!

Wow, that just POPS against the background. Maybe when our club gets our 182 back from paint some nice air shots would be nice
Thanks! Keep me posted!

Man, each photoshoot is better than the last.
Keep em coming!

Beautiful and cool plane, so colorful. Your pics for some reason capture the prop spin that really looks amazing, at least to me. Nice pics Jack!

Beautiful and cool plane, so colorful. Your pics for some reason capture the prop spin that really looks amazing, at least to me. Nice pics Jack!
Thank you! It's all about slowing the shutter speed down and getting the right light on the prop. That's easy enough, but if you don't hold the camera perfectly still with a shutter speed that low, the whole plane will be blurry!

I'm with you, I love the prob blur and I want the full circle. When I'm doing a shoot, I'll have both planes turn slowly toward the sun and when it lights up just right I'm like a little kid, "That's it, hold that heading!"

Wow. Those are awesome: the "directional" light, prop blurr, separation between plane and background, and some great skill (and probably some good "glass" too - speaking of lenses, what was the focal length?).

Imo to date that is the most beautiful pictures yet
Thanks!

Wow. Those are awesome: the "directional" light, prop blurr, separation between plane and background, and some great skill (and probably some good "glass" too - speaking of lenses, what was the focal length?).
It's a 70-200 lens. Not sure what focal length I was using, but probably closer to 200.

Very nice photography work, as always!
Thank you.

Wow nice pics. I've got a Nikon 3100 with a 70-200 lens and have been thinking about doing some shots from the air.

What plane are you taking the pics from? As a piper flyer it would be a challenge for me to take pics from my plane. That little vent window is pretty small!

Wow nice pics. I've got a Nikon 3100 with a 70-200 lens and have been thinking about doing some shots from the air.
What plane are you taking the pics from? As a piper flyer it would be a challenge for me to take pics from my plane. That little vent window is pretty small!

Thanks! You can get a photo window installed that basically would let you remove a big piece of the window. You'd still have that low wing in the way though!
A lot of guys shoot from an A36 Bonanza with the cargo doors removed, which makes for a great platform.
I'm either shooting from my Cessna 140 (photos looking at the right side of the plane), a Cessna 210 for fast planes, or a Maule where I'll sit in the cargo area with the doors removed. This will be the easiest plane for me to work from.

Some nice prop blurs there! Nice job :)

Recipe: Get a gorgeous plane, throw in a beautiful day seasoned with bucolic countryside. Whip up with an amazingly talented photographer. Repeat.

Recipe: Get a gorgeous plane, throw in a beautiful day seasoned with bucolic countryside. Whip up with an amazingly talented photographer. Repeat.
You're too kind! Thanks!

Back