Interesting things ATC heard

"I just saw a shooting start or sumtin"
"Rog-aaaahhh"

I don't know what else to answer, maybe except "85F, state intentions, do you need any assistance?" *shrug*

Better would be, "85F, what did you wish for?"

Um....85F...we don't have windows so we're just gonna have to take your word for it.

"I just saw a shooting start or sumtin"
"Rog-aaaahhh"

I don't know what else to answer, maybe except "85F, state intentions, do you need any assistance?" *shrug*

It was quiet on the radio... and the thing was pretty bright, I was curious if they saw it is all.

You were talking to approach right? I'm 100% certain that they didn't see it unless one was outside on a smoke break or keying someone's car in the parking lot.

No, that was LaGuardia Tower. When going up/down the Hudson in the Bravo they usually pass you off between Newark, JFK, and LG.

It was quiet on the radio... and the thing was pretty bright, I was curious if they saw it is all.
No, that was LaGuardia Tower. When going up/down the Hudson in the Bravo they usually pass you off between Newark, JFK, and LG.
Ah, I thought you were talking to TRACON whose employees usually sit in a windowless basement somewhere, hence my snide comment. :D

You were talking to approach right? I'm 100% certain that they didn't see it unless one was outside on a smoke break or keying someone's car in the parking lot.

LMAO. Breaking news. Meteor takes out controller in parking lot at the tower. Film on the 11 O'clock eyewitness news.

Ah, I thought you were talking to TRACON whose employees usually sit in a windowless basement somewhere, hence my snide comment. :D

oooh, I just assumed you guys were a bunch of cranky old controllers! o_O

66178384.jpg

While I was doing pattern work with my CFI trying to get ready for my checkride, I overheard this conversation while on downwind (this is based on my best recollection...)

Cessna 12345: KCHD Tower, Cessna 12345, 10 miles out, 3500 feet, with ATIS, We'd like to transition your airspace.
KCHD Tower: Uhh.... Cessna 345, the class delta airspace at KCHD only goes to 3,000 feet.
Cessna: Repeats the same request verbatim.
KCHD Tower: Cessna 345, the airspace.... <pause with mic keyed...> Cessna 345 transition through class Delta airspace approved at or above 2,500 feet.

My instructor wasn't paying attention / didn't hear the conversation. I was paying more attention to them, than I was to flying. While listening to them I drifted about 150' from TPA, my instructor barked at me about it, and I made a crappy approach for the T&G.

Cruising along on an IFR flight plan and a pilot calls up center for flight following. Somewhere in getting the pilot's info center asked, "say type equipment", few seconds go by, pilot answers "King".
Silence but I swear I could hear the controller laughing (as I was).

Cruising along on an IFR flight plan and a pilot calls up center for flight following. Somewhere in getting the pilot's info center asked, "say type equipment", few seconds go by, pilot answers "King".
Silence but I swear I could hear the controller laughing (as I was).

That sounds a bit too close to this story... And be sure to read in a very strong bayou accent

Pierre and Boudreaux was flying Cajun Airlines to da Mardi Gras. Boudreaux was flying da plane, and Pierre was in da back foolin wit da cargo equipment an stuff. Da plane hit some turbulence an started bouncin' around an Boudreaux, he got knock unconscious. Den da plane start driftin'. Pierre come run up to da front an Boudreaux was sprawl out all over da steerin' wheel. Well, Pierre don't know nuttin' bout flying an he start to get panicky. He grab da microphone and holla, "May Day! May Day! Dis is Cajun Air Line 70210. Boudreaux, him knock unconscious an I don't know nuttin' about flying dis plane!"

"Dis is da control tower," someone answer. "Don you worry about nuttin'. We gonna splain how you land dis plane, step by step, ah gar-own-tee! Jus leave anything to us. Fus, how high you are, an whas you position?"

Pierre thought a minute, den say, “I'm five foot ten an'm all da way to da front of da plane"

"No! No!" answer da tower, "What you altitude an where you located?"

Pierre say, "Man, rat now ah got a po attitude, an ah'm from Thibodeaux, Laweezeeanna."

"No! No! No!" came an exasperated voice, "Ah needs to know how many feet you got off da groun an how you plane in relation to da airport"

Pierre, he start to panic by dis time. He say, "Countin Boudreaux's feets an mine together, we got fo feet off da groun an I don believe dis plane related to you airport"

A long pause ------ de silence was deafanin. "We needs to know who you next of kin"-​

Back