Planning a fuel stop, need help...

timwinters

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
LTD
I will need to stop in SEMO for fuel on an upcoming XC flight. Both TKX and M05 would work just fine.

Has anyone been to either lately and know of any compelling reason to choose one over the other?

Screenshot of the chart is attached to help those unfamiliar (or whose memory is foggy) get oriented:

image.jpg

I try to avoid airports that use "Memorial" in their names. Bad juju. I'd pick the easy-to-find MO5 right by the river, unless prices are dissimilar. Go for cheap gas.

I'd go to the one near Bragg City and be like "yo I'm on the greatest cross country EVER mutha f@$$ers! I'm doing 150 mph, how 'bout your poor shlubs, huh?!? how's traffic treatin' ya, huh?!?! yeah that's right"

I try to avoid airports that use "Memorial" in their names. Bad juju.

I'm with you on that one. I never have understood using the word "memorial" in the name of an airport or hospital. Or even a highway for that matter.

I'd go to the one near Bragg City and be like "yo I'm on the greatest cross country EVER mutha f@$$ers! I'm doing 150 mph, how 'bout your poor shlubs, huh?!? how's traffic treatin' ya, huh?!?! yeah that's right"

I would but all their airport signage is done in a really ugly, nearly unreadable, font. Even their runway numbers.

I get sooooooo confused there.

TKX, according to my app/website has a courtesy car if your looking to go somewhere for lunch.

Where you heading off to there Timmy ?

I'd most likely choose TKX since its dirt cheap. Mid Continent looks to have fuel also according to the Chart Supplement , cough I mean AF/D.

No. We get it. Three dollar cheaper gas. But since it started lets just see how this plays out

AirNav is my friend on cross countries....Have landed in some pretty weird places for cheap fuel!
If you're interested, M04 is only a couple cents more per gallon and one of the more prolific canard builders in the world is 100' from the pumps. They built the Cozy jet and have several other wild projects nearing completion, as well as many canards in refurbishment.
Just a thought if you have any intetest.

Last edited:
I'd go with M05. There must be a reason why fuel is so cheap at TXK. I always go for the more expensive option. You get what you pay for.

Curious. What does M05 have that makes it worth paying that much for fuel there? Free blowjobs?

Curious. What does M05 have that makes it worth paying that much for fuel there? Free blowjobs?

Just speculation...

Kennett always has the cheapest fuel in the area. Caruthersville is often 75 cents to a buck higher when prices are stable. So, they likely don't sell a lot of gas since they're only 18 nm apart.

I assume M05 is selling fuel that they purchased nearly a year ago when prices were far higher and they won't drop the price until they get the next load.

Blowjobs would help them sell this old gas quicker though! :)

and they won't sell it, unless they have a flight school that rents planes wet. Same thing is happening to my home field. No one buys fuel there now.

I don't understand why you don't want to pay more than twice as much for the gas... You are so cheap...:po_O:D

Back