Sun N' Fun 2016 who's going?

Are you attending Sun N' Fun 2016?

• Total voters

JustinD

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JustinD
Who all will be going to Sun N' Fun this year? It'll be my 7th year flying into the event, I'll be flying my 182 - N291JD in with two good friends. I'll be going on Saturday April 9th an departing Sunday April 10th.

I will be there for most if not all of the event. I am trying to set up a party for one evening, probably during the night show. I'll keep people posted.

Trying to get permission to bring the Pilatus down.

Otherwise, it's the Saratoga.

I might visit for a day. I'm only 49nm away but I've always wanted to experience the flying in part. Or I might drive.

If there's going to be a meet up it could influence which day...

John

Driving in ,since I'm based in Fla. Wouldn't miss it usually go two days ,haven't missed a year since 1990.

I'll be there with PilotMall and Flying magazine. Looking forward to it...

This will be my 4th year going but I only flew in once, the last two times I went up in a bus with the A&P school tour. I'm hoping to fly in and spend at least a few days there but I might drive if that's my only option for spending three or four days.

I might visit for a day. I'm only 49nm away but I've always wanted to experience the flying in part. Or I might drive.

If there's going to be a meet up it could influence which day...

John

I'm only an hour and a half away by car, but I always fly in anyone. The experience of flying in there is worth it regardless of how close you are, really makes you feel like part of the show.

The experience of flying in there is worth it regardless of how close you are, really makes you feel like part of the show.

Yeah, haven't flown in to Oshkosh but have at Sun n Fun in friends C 170. Fly in if you can, and have a great memory! :yes:

Last edited:
I'll be there again this year, only based down the road at Winter Haven (KGIF) so will just drive on over, probably on the Friday.

........Good Lord willing..we'll Duke'it down to Bartow and drive on over!!!:yes:

I'll be there! First time, with a friend. Arrive Wednesday and leave on Sunday most likely.

Looking forward to it, and comparing it with Oshkosh.

Edit - flying in, in a Saratoga. Camping.

Last edited:
I will be there for most if not all of the event. I am trying to set up a party for one evening, probably during the night show. I'll keep people posted.

definitely keep us posted on if you will be doing that!

My current plans are to fly down Thursday morning and camp by my plane in Vintage Camping area. Will probably fly out Saturday evening or Sunday morning depending on weather.

I'm ready for a good party also would be nice to meet some of the POA members

Planning on Thurs. / Friday am arrival camping in the Vintage area. :) Yes, lets plan a Friday eve meet up! Seems most will be there then.

I'll be there Tuesday until Friday bringing a friend along. Would be nice to meet some folks

Bringing a white and green Cherokee ,N9846W

Last edited:
My self & my wife:) In VAC. Look for a RED, WHITE & Blue Skylane, or Mick with his super Piper! Friday night sounds best:)

Looks like I'll make Lumberton, NC ( KLBT ) a stop on my way. Fuel is 3.25/gal LL ---not too shabby.

Well, the plane's good, I got my medical (kind of), and have the time off. Weather defendant, we'll be there! Probably going to do a hotel for this, unless people tell us that Camp Radioactive is where it's at!

We should be there on the 7th and possibly the 8th too.

Karen and I will be arriving Friday mid-day, and camping with our travel trailer.

Doing the show all day Saturday, then on to a FL east coast winery Sunday.

Would not mind hooking up some time Saturday, if anyone is so inclined.

We overhauled my nose strut today and hopefully that issue will be a thing of the past. My plans are to leave out in the morning, shooting for a lunch time arrival at KLAL. If the weather here has not cleared out in time to arrive before the air show, I will time it to arrive between 6:00 and 7:00 pm.

Back