Avionics Shops near Chicago

Apache123

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Hey, Steve!
Anyone have experience with Lafayette Avionics or any other avionics shops in the chicago region? I'm looking for a panel reconfig and replacing current avionics with a garmin stack.

I recommend SkyCom in Waukesha. They do great work at a fair price. The telephone number is 262-521-8180. JA had done some avionics work on my 310, but I used SkyCom for the GPS upgrade.

JA in Aurora did a bunch of work on my 182 and did a great job, fairly priced, and great communication.

I had good luck with the Avionics Shop at Rockford Airport. Not sure if they are still in business.

A friend is using Rochelle Avionics and seems pleased. I've heard good things about JA too.

I had good luck with the Avionics Shop at Rockford Airport. Not sure if they are still in business.
I think they're called "Avionics Place." I just talked to Jeff there last week and he was very helpful.

I've heard of most of the above, and dealt with a few, mainly Skycom. Nothing but good things to say about Skycom.

Mobile Avionics based out of Lake in the Hills airport (3CK)

I think they're called "Avionics Place." I just talked to Jeff there last week and he was very helpful.
That is their name and they are open as of a couple weeks ago when I talked to them. They were very helpful over the phone and accommodating to my request to come in late but weather happened and I didn't make it. So other than several local references and a couple phone calls I haven't actually used them.

That is their name and they are open as of a couple weeks ago when I talked to them. They were very helpful over the phone and accommodating to my request to come in late but weather happened and I didn't make it. So other than several local references and a couple phone calls I haven't actually used them.

We ended up going to the scheduled service and waited while he calibrated my ancient NARCO VORs. We were there for about 4 hours.

Also he is doing a GTX345 install for a club plane I also fly, and the estimates beat everyone else around.

Back