Can't unsubscribe to ads from fore flight

JohnWF

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John at Salida
I am getting many ads from Fore Flifgt and cannot cancel them. Their web site has a "unsubscribe" place to click but it just leads you into junk having nothing to do with cancelling all the ads. Have you been able to escape this site? How

What ads? In the app? On their site? Email?

i have never gotten anything unwanted from them.

Never receive ads. Once in a while I get an email about a new release. You get hacked or something?

It is emails I am getting ..got four of them this evening...

I don't use Fore Flight although it gets good comments from my friends, I have been using WingX.

I just want to stop the emails cluttering up my inbox.

Send an email with as much detail to support@teamforeflight.com

I have always found their support crew to be very quick to respond and extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

'support@teamforeflight.com returns saying domain does not exist...

The 'outfit' sending me all those Fore Flight emails is somebody called WordPress.com.

I have been in contact with Fore Fight and they said they will try to stop the unwanted emails. I have no idea who WordPress is (and don't care)

John

I'm sure there will be a new subscription tier coming out soon that will helpfully add ad-blocking to the feature set.

The 'outfit' sending me all those Fore Flight emails is somebody called WordPress.com.

I have been in contact with Fore Fight and they said they will try to stop the unwanted emails. I have no idea who WordPress is (and don't care)

John

If it's a legitimate WordPress mailing list, then there's probably an "Unsubscribe" or "Manage" link somewhere in the email.

Rich

I usually just mark emails as junk mail and let the software keep me from seeing the emails.
Foreflight has great customer service though. If you shoot them an email with your issue I'm sure the would help fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I usually just mark emails as junk mail and let the software keep me from seeing the emails.
Foreflight has great customer service though. If you shoot them an email with your issue I'm sure the would help fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem with that is that depending on what "software" your talking about, you may very well get a legitimate sender placed on a spam blacklist for sending you something that you asked for. This happens all the time, and it's a major pain in the ass for mail server administrators.

Unless the mail really is spam, do the sender a favor and just unsubscribe when you no longer want to receive it. Opt-in mail doesn't magically become spam just because you no longer want to receive it.

Rich

If it's a legitimate WordPress mailing list, then there's probably an "Unsubscribe" or "Manage" link somewhere in the email.

Rich

My Ynterweb paranoia tells me that clicking on ANY links (including "Unsubscribe") in a spam email only confirms your email address and allows the spammer to collect higher monetary rewards for that email since now it is worth much more.

IOW, clicking "Unsubscribe" could be very counter-productive.
So I simply block the a-hat who's spamming me which normally does the trick.

My Ynterweb paranoia tells me that clicking on ANY links (including "Unsubscribe") in a spam email only confirms your email address and allows the spammer to collect higher monetary rewards for that email since now it is worth much more.

IOW, clicking "Unsubscribe" could be very counter-productive.
So I simply block the a-hat who's spamming me which normally does the trick.

Yes, you're right about clicking unsub links in obvious spam. If you know it's spam, then don't click the link.

What I'm talking about are emails that people receive because they signed up for them, such as newsletters and special offers sent by online vendors if the user left the box checked to receive those offers when they placed an order, or WordPress notifications that are sent out to people who commented on some article or another and requested to be informed of new posts.

You have no idea how many people report those and other opted-in emails as spam (which is exactly what you're doing when you click on the "This is Spam" link in most providers' webmail software) simply because they get tired of receiving them. Legitimate mail that a person loses interest in does not become spam. Any legitimate bulk sender will immediately unsub users who request it.

In a nutshell, if you recognize the sender and it's obvious that it's someone you've done business with, some blog or newspaper that you once commented on, or some group or forum in which you have or once had an interest, then please politely unsubscribe when you no longer are interested in receiving the mails. And if you're not sure, just delete it. False spam reports cause countless legitimate mails not to reach their recipients because the servers handling those legitimate mails were unjustly blacklisted.

Rich

Back