where to go for Type Rating ?

So basically, you don't want to put your time in like the rest of us. Gee wouldn't that be nice, just to skip to the big leagues.

Maybe you should throw applications at the majors, I'm sure they'll be eager to hire a non-type rated 7X FO over the thousands of applicants they have with 121 time and multiple type ratings
I don't want to be an airline pilot. I'm not afraid of "putting my time in" to do something that actually intrgues me, I'd rather work on the ramp at a big airline than fly the planes. Thats more interesting to me. I'd wager that I'd out work you in any aspect of the world that involves real labor.

So basically, you don't want to put your time in like the rest of us. Gee wouldn't that be nice, just to skip to the big leagues.

Maybe you should throw applications at the majors, I'm sure they'll be eager to hire a non-type rated 7X FO over the thousands of applicants they have with 121 time and multiple type ratings

Actually it's happening. I have 2 friends, one military (air force, fighter pilot type) and another high time 121, 5 types (transport), international, high PIC, 15,000 hours, etc.

Both went to SWA for an interview, and both were turned down. I also know a young man low time, no types, basically been right seating a bunch of corporate stuff.

He was hired.

Right now airline hiring has no rhyme or reason. Another friend (another 121 type) was rejected by SWA, only to be contacted a couple of months later and re-interviewed.

Never say never in today's world of aviation.

I don't want to be an airline pilot. I'm not afraid of "putting my time in" to do something that actually intrgues me, I'd rather work on the ramp at a big airline than fly the planes. Thats more interesting to me. I'd wager that I'd out work you in any aspect of the world that involves real labor.

The thing is, your posts are a confusing. In one post you say you would go to the airlines if contracting doesn't work out, and in the next post you say you are not interested in the airlines. There's nothing wrong with not being interested in the airlines. I wasn't either. If getting a type in a 737 is your idea of fun, go for it. You don't need other people's approval.

The thing is, your posts are a confusing. In one post you say you would go to the airlines if contracting doesn't work out, and in the next post you say you are not interested in the airlines. There's nothing wrong with not being interested in the airlines. I wasn't either. If getting a type in a 737 is your idea of fun, go for it. You don't need other people's approval.

I WOULD go if I wanted to be a "real" pilot. I just want to fly for fun.

Get real I will out work you any day if the week. I have no fear about putting my time in.

Putting your time in to find any shortcut you can, sure, I'll buy that. You change your plan on how to get your ATP more than a woman changes her clothes...

How are all you "classy" dudes going to feel when after I get a 737 type I turn around and add another type. And after that I'll add another. You guys are questioning my work ethic when I said I wanted to do the ATP in the 737 for a CHALLENGE instead of doing it in an Apache. Thats sounds like HARDER work than taking the easy way out.

Putting your time in to find any shortcut you can, sure, I'll buy that. You change your plan on how to get your ATP more than a woman changes her clothes...

Getting an ATP in 21 days instead of 2 in the Apache is NOT a short cut. You're a top notch fellow for questioning my ethic.

Yep, Apache, Falcon type, 737 type, Flt Safety Instructor, doesn't want to work for a living (his words),etc etc....:yesnod:

I don't want to turn flying into work. Doesn't mean I don't want to work.

I don't want to turn flying into work. Doesn't mean I don't want to work.
Your job is always going to be work, no matter what it is. If they pay you they will expect something. That's why many on here keep flying as a hobby.

I don't want to turn flying into work..[/QUOTE]

If you want to be a professional pilot, it's constantly work. Check rides, recurrent, line checks, FAA checks and on and on. New equipment and procedures to train on and learn. It's fun too, but serious business when you have innocent lives relying on you. As many have said, that's why many professional pilots enjoy GA when they're not flying professionally. It's a lot more fun and enjoyable.

Last edited:
I don't want to turn flying into work..[/QUOTE]

If you want to be a professional pilot, it's constantly work. Check rides, recurrent, line checks, FAA checks and on and on. New equipment and procedures to train on and learn. It's fun too, but serious business when you have innocent lives relying on you. As many have said, that's why many professional pilots enjoy GA when they're not flying professionally. It's a lot more fun and enjoyable.

This post is on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except it's not

Your job is always going to be work, no matter what it is. If they pay you they will expect something. That's why many on here keep flying as a hobby.

This has nothing to do with getting a type rating for fun.

Let's thread is now about monkeys.

Anybody know of any zoos that have a great monkey exhibit?

ehyrgg.jpg

C'mon KC, we're talking pie now! What "type" (see what I did there) you like?

Wildberry.....there was this little bakery/restaurant in Bath, ME.....best damn pie I have ever had in my life. Might have to fly up there one of these days and fill the airplane full of them. A fella could fit a lot of pie in a Twin Beech....

How's that for thread drift?

For anyone keeping score. The correct answer to the original question is CAE Simuflite. In a falcon. So you guys can be happy that I'm not getting a 737 type.

Back