Finally back in the air

Transvection

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Transvection
After two weeks of bad weather and my instructor being on vacation, I was able to get back in the air. Completed my first solo to another airport. Round Robin from KTTA-KSCR. It was a lot of fun, I updated my blog with the details.

Good for you,can't let the delays get you down.

My first solo to a new airport was such an awesome feeling. Without having a right seat I just relaxed, enjoyed the view, and had two of my best landings yet. Stress free and felt natural. Enjoy the rest of the process.

I flew TTA-SCR today too. Around 1PM. Didn't stick around long, cabin heat was not working. Swift 24S

My first solo was TTA-HRJ. I like that a little more than going to SCR. Head up to the river, stay on the north side until you pass the big tower then follow the river to the airport. The FBO there is usually open and has some kind of coffee or snacks for pilots. Cheap gas too, I know you pay a wet rate but if you are out for awhile and fill up there, it saves the club some $$ as the fuel rate is about $1/gal less than TTA. Ask the guys to show you how to use the Self serve

Last edited:
I flew TTA-SCR today too. Around 1PM. Didn't stick around long, cabin heat was not working. Swift 24S

My first solo was TTA-HRJ. I like that a little more than going to SCR. Head up to the river, stay on the north side until you pass the big tower then follow the river to the airport. The FBO there is usually open and has some kind of coffee or snacks for pilots. Cheap gas too, I know you pay a wet rate but if you are out for awhile and fill up there, it saves the club some $$ as the fuel rate is about $1/gal less than TTA. Ask the guys to show you how to use the Self serve

Wow, we must have been pretty close... I landed at SCR around 1:20. :)

EDIT: Actually looking back at my timestamps on cloud ahoy, I was at SCR at 1:04. I wonder if you were in the pattern when I was taking off. There were two in the pattern when I headed back to TTA. Hope I didn't sound too bad on the radio. lol

Last edited:
Lucky. I have not been able to get up for a few weeks between scheduling conflicts and bad weather.

Great. It was really an awesome feeling to get back in the air after a long time while our flight training is going on.

Congrats on getting back to the sky!

I can't wait to do the same. It's been three weeks since I've been up with my instructor due to bad weather (too windy or too snowy). Frustratingly, the weather this week is almost perfect and he's away on vacation. By the time I get back up again, it will have been four weeks ...assuming weather cooperates. Our next flight is supposed to be a xcountry to Martha's Vineyard for lunch, so at least it'll be a good one.

Weather delays can be a real PITA. I went nearly six weeks during the summer of my SPL training because of wx.

Our next flight is supposed to be a xcountry to Martha's Vineyard for lunch, so at least it'll be a good one.

See if your CFI can do a XC with you, or solo, to Block Island, RI. Just south of the RI coast, used to have a good dinner on the field.

Back