Bose A20

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Bluetooth for phone and music.

Does it automatically mute when you/ATC transmits or when you are talking to your flying partner on the intercom?

I thought I'd go cheap/less expensive and buy the Faro ANR and it works "okay" but I think you get what you pay for.

Yes, the slide switch at the bottom of the control unit allows you to personalize the setting as you desire - mute or mix when ATC or crew talk. I have mine set to mute the music and my wife often forgets and will start singing, which cuts the music off. She will move the mic out from in front of her mouth so she can sing while listening to the music. Great feature, the new A20 that Bluetooth music as well as phone is awesome!!!

I despise the auto-mute feature, however several headset makers provide that option. Additionally those manufacturers have had music integration for years and they provide the ability to control the volume separately between comms and music so you can actually manage your own volumes.

Bluetooth for phone and music.

Does it automatically mute when you/ATC transmits or when you are talking to your flying partner on the intercom?

I thought I'd go cheap/less expensive and buy the Faro ANR and it works "okay" but I think you get what you pay for.

Yes, if you set that dip switch to that setting
Yes, you get exactly what you pay for, and the fit to match.

Personally, I despise the auto-mute feature, however other headset makers provide that option as well. Additionally those manufacturers have had music integration for years and they provide the ability to control the volume separately between comms and music so you can actually manage your own volumes.

Back