March 12th Fly-in South Arkansas

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
attachment.php

Saw this posted on Beech talk and shamelessly stole it....

Attachments

• KHCDH Fly-in March 12 2016.jpg
    KHCDH Fly-in March 12 2016.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 83
I will keep this in my list and share it with my friends. Thanks for sharing here.

This Saturday there is coffee and doughnuts at Carlisle (4m3) from 8:30 to 10.

Ooooohhhhhh.....you had me at doughnuts!

Cool, come on over. We can take turns flying procedures with foggles on. (Who needs to look out the stink'n window anyhow??

Landed at Camden one time about 15 to 20 years ago, on a work day, during working hours. No one there. No one answering the posted phone number.

I had to walk across the highway to a filling station, bum a jerry can and go back and forth from the filling station carrying gas to the plane (yes, it was STC'd so don't get on your soap box) so I could get home. A local pilot did hear about it and came with a barrel on his pick-up but I was done by then. Never stopped again.

On a different note, this event is sponsored by S.A.U. (Southern Arkansas Univ.). Sau happens to be the German word for sow, a female swine - so Arkansas has the Hawgs and the Sows.

Self serve pumps at airports are wonderful!

Ah - he's just trying to get us to drop in over at Russellville. Maybe if he planted a few flowers ;)

Reminder....Just hoping the forecasts are wrong. Showing rain on Sat. Stay tuned!

Back