Hey Texans! Looking for a fly in today? :)

Archammer

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
FlyingSchmidt
We're having a big Fly-In at KGTU today from 9am-3pm to support a new High School Aerospace program and Young Eagles at the main terminal.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1700794773471828/

"Come out and show your support for East View High School Aerospace program in Georgetown!
Dan Weyant is working on a new Aerospace program at the high school and wanted to have an event to get the kids excited about it! The EAA - Young Eagles, Austin, TX EAA Chapter 187 is flying their #YoungEagles flag, so lets fly the Austin Pilots colors and show them how awesome flying is!
You don't have to fly or take any pax for on-site flying unless you're comfortable. I'll let others tell you what an amazing experience that is.
"

See you there! :yes:

Man alive, how perfect would that be?

I'll waggle my wings at you as I fly by on my way to HYI (in a borrowed plane).

Thanks for supporting these great causes!

Thanks to everyone that came out.

We flew 45+ kids, had over nine airplanes flying and more people than I could get a count on!

It was a great way to help get excitement going with our new Aerospace Engineering program next year.

-Dan

I flew into KGTU that Saturday, it was definitely busy with lots of planes and kids..

I landed at GTU in November 2014 and ended up in the traffic pattern with the EAA Ford Tri-Motor. Then I parked near a P-51 and got to get a good look at the Tri-Motor on the ramp. That was a pretty cool welcome to GTU!

Oh, and I'll be flying over GTU today on my way to Houston. I'll be sure to wave.

Back