Banning Flyerman or anyone else

Should the MC make transcripts of posts causing a ban available?

• Yes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I don't care, I'm just glad they are gone

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
Sometimes I'm curios about the offense causing the ban.

More so than most with this Flyerman dude.

Should the MC make transcripts available to those who express interest, knowing of course it's only as a curiosity and the decision is not in any way subject to review?

This is the MC's position from the Rules of Conduct.

Bans and warnings, actual or suspected, shall not be discussed on the forums. Any inquiries or comments regarding bans are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.

The guy just fired off about 15 threads spamming some link about Ebola. But his titles were pretty creative other than that it's just the peanut gallery here responding to his thread titles and having a good laugh

Ha. Good lord people. All of you in a tizzy about this guy are doing more to spam the board than he did.

I haven't taken the time to look at the mod thread but i'm pretty certain it went something like this. Consider this your unofficial transcript. (We won't disclose the actual discussion publicly, but I guarantee this is a close approximation)

<reported post arrives>

Mod 1: "Another spammer from China. Will delete and ban."
Mod 2: "yup"
Mod 3: "yup"
Mod 1: "done"

Last edited:
Good lord people. All of you in a tizzy about this guy are doing more to spam the board than he did.

^^^TRUTH^^^

I've put more threads on ignore today than I have in a very long time. Lots of people here need cheese.

Posting transcripts would make it much more difficult for the MC to make rules up on the fly and call it "Building a community"

No one is tearing apart the community more than you of late.

Thinking it through -- I meant make it available, not make a thread of it. 0ptimistically I thought that there was some comedy value to this Flyerperson... I'd go look at it as a curiosity.

Most bans are fairly obvious, including Henning who I not so secretly hope will return.

But as I think of it now responding to the requests could be a huge workload for MC. But perhaps, changing them to bannedXX and closing the threads would enable the curious at no expense to the majority.

Then a simple closed thread saying "JerkyJerkJack" is now "Bannedxx" for anyone curious

Posting transcripts would make it much more difficult for the MC to make rules up on the fly and call it "Building a community"

I was hoping that you would go away with the spin zone.:mad2:

No one is tearing apart the community more than you of late.

From the guy who ripped me apart and made absolutely disgusting sexual references regarding my 4 and 6 year old little girls and said he was enjoying every second.

The only thing disgusting was the meme you posted of young women giving blow jobs. I made no sexual references to your daughters. I simply asked how you'd like it if someone posted similar pics of them a dozen years or so in the future.

Apparently, It's all in good fun when it's someone else's daughters, right?

The only thing disgusting was the meme you posted of young women giving blow jobs. I made no sexual references to your daughters. I simply asked how you'd like it if someone posted similar pics of them a dozen years or so in the future.

Apparently, It's all in good fun when it's someone else's daughters, right?

I hope 6PC is just soo impressed with how tough you are on the internet.

Again I drag you're name in to something unfairly, it is obvious you have a tremendous following on this forum and even more so that Tim longs to be you're #1 lap dog. I see it over and over in his posts.

About as likely as a guy walking up to someone in the supermarket and showing him a picture of random girls losing their virginity (or giving bjs).

Again I drag you're name in to something unfairly, it is obvious you have a tremendous following on this forum and even more so that Tim longs to be you're #1 lap dog. I see it over and over in his posts.

I have more respect for Tim then he does for me. I guarantee that.

That said, I have gotten similar lapdog PMs from people saying I am trying to buddy up to TW or someone is saying this or that for some purpose and other such nonsense. A lot of people on here I have met in person. Tim included. He is a good guy with a similar sense of humor.

I learned an important lesson here last year. We (all of us) can be dicks on this forum. We (All of us) need to let a certain portion of it roll off our backs.

Full Transparency, Geico had pushed my last button and I had had it. I hated the guy.

Then I met him in person and the man doesn't have an unlikable bone in his body. Genuinely nice guy, sought me out to talk and ask about my family. I was blown away by how different he was than this perception I had built of him from arguments we had here.

It is easy to let yourself go down that path and I am trying to work on not letting someone's comments make me think they are a dick.

So I don't know about the whose buddy buddy stuff and whose a dick.
TW for instance lives a few miles away from me as does Aggie Mike, JCranford, Spike and a handful of others. All good people all likely different in real life than on here.

Not sure where I was going but more importantly also remember a lot of people here are also drunk after about noon so there's that too.

God Bless.

I have more respect for Tim then he does for me. I guarantee that.

That said, I have gotten similar lapdog PMs from people saying I am trying to buddy up to TW or someone is saying this or that for some purpose and other such nonsense. A lot of people on here I have met in person. Tim included. He is a good guy with a similar sense of humor.

I learned an important lesson here last year. We (all of us) can be dicks on this forum. We (All of us) need to let a certain portion of it roll off our backs.

Full Transparency, Geico had pushed my last button and I had had it. I hated the guy.

Then I met him in person and the man doesn't have an unlikable bone in his body. Genuinely nice guy, sought me out to talk and ask about my family. I was blown away by how different he was than this perception I had built of him from arguments we had here.

It is easy to let yourself go down that path and I am trying to work on not letting someone's comments make me think they are a dick.

So I don't know about the whose buddy buddy stuff and whose a dick.
TW for instance lives a few miles away from me as does Aggie Mike, JCranford, Spike and a handful of others. All good people all likely different in real life than on here.

Not sure where I was going but more importantly also remember a lot of people here are also drunk after about noon so there's that too.

God Bless.

Hopefully you are right about that and I have a feeling it will be the same. Tim and I will be at at least one event and hopefully more this year. I imagine we will smooth all this out in person.

But: I did meet Clark in real life.
Whoa!!! That guy's a major league A-hole :)

Kidding. Clark is funny as hell.

Wish I'd seen those threads. I miss all the fun!

Relax people it's just an online forum. Good comments 6PC you're right on.

Hopefully you are right about that and I have a feeling it will be the same. Tim and I will be at at least one event and hopefully more this year. I imagine we will smooth all this out in person.

Come to Gaston's.
Seriously everyone drinks beer, talks planes, and flies.
You land and everyone's friends.

Dear Timwinters,

put me in your ignore list. It'll save you a lot of time, since apparently anything I post runs afoul of your brilliance.

I'll return the favor.

I don't care if this is post worthy.

I spend a weekend away, bringing a plane back from FL and cone back to this crap???

What the hell is going on with this place?

Geico had pushed my last button and I had had it. I hated the guy.

I came to Gaston's with the exact same attitude toward Geico (Larry) as you...and I left with the same revised opinion. Larry's a great guy. I said that same thing in the thread where MotoFlyer and I first got crossways.

Dear Timwinters, put me in your ignore list. It'll save you a lot of time, since apparently anything I post runs afoul of your brilliance.

I don't put people on ignore, it's counterproductive.

But, I do have an idea for you...

Start a aviation themed forum, foot all the bills, volunteer to manage and moderate it, and then...

...let everyone come to your forum and play for free.

Then you can make the rules. Until then I would suggest that you simply enjoy the wonderful place that others are providing for free and try to overlook the minor things that rub you wrong about how they manage it. And, yes, they're all minor things...very minor things.

They are good people (great actually) and they are providing a wonderful service. On many days the thanks they receive is nothing more than getting to put up with far too much crap from the peanut gallery.

IMO if they have one flaw, it's that they don't swing the ban hammer sooner.

But, it's their playground, they get to swing it any way they want to.

Last edited:
Back