Display Name

Display name:
Stingray Don
A great artist gone too soon. RIP

160118171244-glenn-frey-08-super-169.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/18/entertainment/glenn-frey-obit-feat/

Last edited:
A great artist gone too soon. RIP

Bad year for music so far, and there is no one that I know of that can replace these legends. No legends of tomorrow coming up through the ranks.

The legends are leaving us ,may they rest in peace.

Man that is just too young! RIP!

A few years ago my son and I were at a practice round at the Masters Golf Tournament in Augusta. We had been on our feet a lot walking the course and decided to go to the driving range and sit in the bleachers a while to watch the pros practice. This is one of the few areas you can get autographs from the golfers. I was joking with my son about how avid some of the people were about getting their autographs. When we decided to leave the driving range and head back out to the course, we ran into Glenn and his wife. It took me all of two seconds before I whipped my hat off and asked him to sign it...after I had just been making fun of the golf fans getting their autographs. Obviously I have had to eat crow over this and my son and I always get a laugh about it.

He and Dan Fogelberg both died way too young.

Last edited:
Sad to see Frey go. Loved his music, song writing, knowing and writing w/ Bob Seeger (both from Detroit), even acting in Miami Vice and others. But, I'm still ****ed he and Henley ran Don Felder off. They were in town a few years ago and I hated not going but without Felder I just couldn't bring myself to go. My loss I'm sure but that's what I felt (and still do) about the whole deal. Frey and Henley are some strange cats. Still, a great band and I'm sad Frey has left us. RIP Glenn.

A lot of us older guys/gals remember the music of our youth and it played an important part of growing up.. At least to me it did...

Who would have ever thought Ozzie, and the Rolling Stones and numerous others are still alive... Funny how life plays out..

I'm still ****ed he and Henley ran Don Felder off. They were in town a few years ago and I hated not going but without Felder I just couldn't bring myself to go.

+1
You are not the only one. Don Felder was one tasteful guitarist. I am a guitarist and over the years I have enjoyed learning his riffs. His playing added so much to the Eagles sound. I was fortunate to see them during the Hotel California tour. For me they peaked during that time.

+1
You are not the only one. Don Felder was one tasteful guitarist. I am a guitarist and over the years I have enjoyed learning his riffs. His playing added so much to the Eagles sound. I was fortunate to see them during the Hotel California tour. For me they peaked during that time.

Agree. Steve Walsh added a much harder edge to their music. I much preferred the country-rock sound.

Joe Walsh... ;)

Wasn't he the wayward son that carried on?

R.I.P. Glenn.

I wasn't a huge fan but they did indeed crank out some good music. In my opinion Joe gave then a good edge when he came aboard. But, then again, I love Joe. He removed some of the teeny-bopper from their music.

Their epic song (again IMO) was 7 Bridges Road. Well...except it wasn't their song...it was a cover...but, still, a damned good cover!

Wasn't he the wayward son that carried on?

R.I.P. Glenn.

I wasn't a huge fan but they did indeed crank out some good music. In my opinion Joe gave then a good edge when he came aboard. But, then again, I love Joe. He removed some of the teeny-bopper from their music.

Their epic song (again IMO) was 7 Bridges Road. Well...except it wasn't their song...it was a cover...but, still, a damned good cover!

A couple weeks ago, Karen and I watched a two part documentary on the Eagles on Netflix.

Quite good, covering both the early days and a reunion tour.

Definitely worth watching.

Joe Walsh... ;)

BTW...wanna talk about individuals who completely destroyed a band? Yeah, I know, it's complete hijack, but isn't that what this place is all about?

Michael McDonald destroyed the Doobies.

A lot of us older guys/gals remember the music of our youth and it played an important part of growing up.. At least to me it did...

Who would have ever thought Ozzie, and the Rolling Stones and numerous others are still alive... Funny how life plays out..

Joe Walsh, for instance.

A couple weeks ago, Karen and I watched a two part documentary on the Eagles on Netflix.

Quite good, covering both the early days and a reunion tour.

Definitely worth watching.

I was never a huge Eagles fan, but I agree. The documentary was really good.

Michael McDonald destroyed the Doobies.

Just for a short time. Tom Johnston has been back in control for years and they're a great band to see in concert. Saw them a couple a few years ago, great show. I didn't care for the McDonald era of the Doobies either.

I will if I want to! :ihih:

I'm surprised no one got the Felder references to Dirty Laundry and Heavy Metal. I thought he invented the phrase "bubble-headed bleach blonde".

There was an interesting article on Yahoo this morning about how Linda Ronstadt helped bring them together.

Dirty Laundry was Henley's solo so not sure Felder had anything to do with it. Maybe he did, :dunno:

Has anybody told Mojo Nixon?

Nauga,
and his prairie home invasion

Well, the Eagles will be performing and honoring Frey on the Grammys, Mon night I think. They'll have all members of the Eagles, past and present, along with Jackson Browne, performing except for Randy Meisner who is said to be ill. Oh, and Don Felder apparently is not invited to participated. That's some powerful hate from Don Henley. You'd think they could play together for one friggin' night, for the fans. Sad.

Back