Do you ever look down at the ground and think...

I still run around like a fool out from under trees to spot a plane that I hear.

And I'm dissapointed if I don't see it.

I almost wrecked my car looking out the sunroof trying to ID a big 4 engine plane last week. We don't get too many of those here. Pretty sure it was a 747 but could've been military type.

When I am flying in So Cal...I look down at the ground at all the traffic and think...

"SUCKERS!"

I fly down to gods country.. Look out and see Haas International Airport... And ask myself...... " Self, I wonder what the landing fee is":D:D..

IS9ple0arctlh11000000000.jpg

I run my party boat in the ocean, I would look up at passing aircraft and say to myself, I wish I could fly, now I look down and wonder if the fish are biting .

I sometimes go flying and then run by the store on the way home. I get the urge to walk into the store and shout, "Ya'll won't believe what I just did!" Of course I don't.

Ever since I saw a lady tanning naked on the roof of her beach house, I like to fly without clothes on in case anyone is wondering, "I wonder if anyone in that plane is naked."

Ever since I saw a lady tanning naked on the roof of her beach house, I like to fly without clothes on in case anyone is wondering, "I wonder if anyone in that plane is naked."

That's hilarious!

Nice! What was the circumstances of that flyover, were you headed somewhere, returning to the field?

I could circle my house for hours with my wife on the back deck and she'd never think to look up to see if it was me. :rolleyes:

I was headed back from a day trip. I knew I'd be flying over the house, so I texted her and told her I was about 5 minutes away and to go outside and video. The kids thought it was cool. I got low enough and slowed down.

Cool, little left crosswind?

Must have been... lol... .

When I'm in my plane, especially on longer trips, I often look out at the wing and think about how amazing it is to have this long metal object, seemingly doing nothing, somehow supporting my weight and carrying me through the air. I try not to get all philosophical about it with my passengers though, they start getting scared.

At home, I live directly under the IAF for KCRQ, which also happens to be my home airport. All day I get to look up and play guess that plane with all the jets. When the single pistons come over I know it's usually someone doing instrument training, and I wonder how thrilled my neighbors would be if I told them the guy flying that plane had blinders on LOL.

Pilots. Looking down on people since 1903, eh? ;)

I still remember how distracting the quiet skies after 9/11 were.

You'd go outside and there would be this feeling that something was wrong, and then you'd remember... It's because there's no airplane noises!

Then you'd look up and notice the second part. No chemtrails... Cough... contrails.

Even out here on the prairie we're still under the vector track for north/south stuff at DIA. It'd be eerie if we didn't hear airplanes.

I keep meaning to dig out the dSLR and the long lens when DIA is departing southbound. All my airplane spotter buddies would be jealous of the shots from my porch. :)

I never look up at planes flying over.

Except last Friday.

A plane was climbing and was over my house when it suddenly went silent. I looked up and saw it was a 172. It turned back towards the airport, about 1 1/2 miles away. I watched it until it was lined up with the runway and got down to about 600 to 800 AGL when the noise started again. It started climbing then turned back in the direction it had been going before.

I am guessing it was a student and instructor on a dual cross country.

"Did you ever look down at the ground and think ..."

"how the hell did I get up here and how do I get back down?"

:D nah, me either... :D

I was walking into the pet store yesterday and watched the local FBO's Archer, which I have rented several times, flying low and slow on final approach to 32. I had done this many times, and always wondered about the people below. As I walked across the parking lot, a family of 4 or 5 was walking out. One of them pointed and said "look an airplane!" and they all just stared for a bit as it flew over, flaps down and landing light on, engine purring quietly at low RPM.

It made me smile:)

"Did you ever look down at the ground and think ..."

"how the hell did I get up here and how do I get back down?"

:D nah, me either... :D

Like that meme I posted to FB last week with apologies to Robert Frost?

"I took the road less traveled and now I don't know where the **** I am!"

;)

Back