Olympus Industrial Rigid Boroscope

DougBeinhauer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
DougBein
I'm going to start by saying I'm not a aviation tech, I'm an automotive tech, having a little trouble maybe someone can help. I recently did a job for a locksmith and he paid me with an Olympus Industrial Rigid Boroscope in the case. I didn't think to much about it til recently when money started getting tight I had it looked at and they told me don't take less than $7500.00usd for it, could be more like $12,500.00usd. But like i said money is tight, i have disabled wife ( heart disease ), and 3 kids. I pulled off x-mas but got myself in the hole I would be willing to take $4000.00 or obo if serious. Its Olympus model A17-17-90-53 case, sheath, bulb its all there I believe its flexible, its 18,000fibre, fiber-optic scope, 4.5 foot stainless cord, heat/cold/dry/wet/oil proof, I believe it was sold originally to Navy so it has all the bells and whistles. My name is Doug hope to get a response if you, or know someone interested call or text 775-688-9193 or email DougBeinhauer@gmail.com for more info or pictures

Thank You for Reading Hope to Hear from you.

anybody that knows boroscopes knows Olympus makes it $, plus the A17-17-53-90 is made for the army, heat/cold/dry/wet proof, has case/sheath/4.5foot cord/insertion needle/mirror/extra bulb, 18,000 fibre seriously I had it apraised two places 1st said don't take less than 7500.00 2nd said about 12k. It is a special item that needs right type of owner, can be used for many things last owner was locksmith used it to read #'s inside of lock cylinders without having to disassemble

look up just Olympus 1.7mm insertion tube cost $1000 just for replacement this is whole set up still in original case

I doubt you'll get any interest here....better go find a doctor somewhere.

Looks legit to me. There may or may not be a buyer for it here, but it seems like it's a valuable hunk of kit!

I don't doubt that it is worth what he says, but I believe there is a very limited market for a boroscope in that price range. Most people just don't have a real need for one that nice. The people who are providing an estimate of the value should be knowledgable of the equipment and either use it themselves or have clients that do. I would think that they would have contacts that would love to get a premium piece of equipment at a discounted rate.

As stated in the Rules of Conduct, please do not comment on the value of the goods offered, unless specifically requested by the original poster.

Right at this point its out of my leage i didn't even know what a boroscope was. But I do have disabled wife and am in need of extra cash. any reasonable offers will be considered. $$ O.B.O. $$ dougbeinhauer@gmail.com

Back