Cirrus landed successfully

SixPapaCharlie

May the force be with you
Display Name

Display name:
Sixer
It took a lot of searching but it turns out It IS possible.
We need all the good press we can get.

May be photoshopped though.

1104662.jpg

Lol!!! I think the deployed chute is indeed photoshopped out...

Obviously it must be, as that's the only method Cirrus pilots are able to get back to the ground.

I think...I THINK if you look closely you can see him reaching for the handle... :wink2:

I do believe the chute is deployed..... If only he knew there was an airfield right below him..

Sorry, but the plane in that picture is not landed.

Wow. By the looks of it, he's really dropping that thing in. Hope he didn't blow a tire.

You know those Cirrus pilots... they fly about as well as they start engines.

Last edited:
Wow. By the looks of it, he's really dropping that thing in. Hope he didn't blow a tire.

You know those Cirrus pilots... they fly about as well as they start engines.

100% agree. :yes:

It's SR20, they don't count.

It's SR20, they don't count.

My bad, I dont really know the difference.
I am a low time student pilot that rents a super safe 172 made by Cessna.

I always watch my fuel and have a field in mind for an off airport landing should that be a requirement.

I never understood those plastic airplanes and their crappy pilots. :no:

My bad, I dont really know the difference.
I am a low time student pilot that rents a super safe 172 made by Cessna.

I always watch my fuel and have a field in mind for an off airport landing should that be a requirement.

I never understood those plastic airplanes and their crappy pilots. :no:
Just remember this: start your engine after you put your noise-cancelling headset on. That way, you can't hear anything. It's how the best pilots in WWII did it.

Just remember this: start your engine after you put your noise-cancelling headset on. That way, you can't hear anything. It's how the best pilots in WWII did it.

I go with the tried and true hand mic and overhead speaker.

in my cessna Piper warrior

eh, posting a pic of a "cirrus" (in quotes cause it's a 20) with no b!tches in the back is shameful.

Since the wheels are not on the ground my guess is this was a go around to land correctly with the chute. Just my guess as I fly one of those super safe 172's.

this did give me a good chuckle!!

but when was the last time you actually saw a cirrus land this nose up! they always look so flat

this did give me a good chuckle!!

but when was the last time you actually saw a cirrus land this nose up! they always look so flat

I doubt he is landing.
Probably on the verge of a stall spin

I think the chute was broke that day. Can one still fly a 'Circus' with a broken chute, like an item that is deferred on an airliner?

I think the chute was broke that day. Can one still fly a 'Circus' with a broken chute, like an item that is deferred on an airliner?

Even if it could, who in their right mind would? :hairraise:

That must be a European picture where they were required to land as part of the certification process there. In the US, I understand the chute was installed to meet this requirement.

Totally fake picture! The runway was Photoshopped in and the chute was Photoshopped out. Perfectly logical explanation!

David

Did buy a Piper Warrior?

No, I can no longer handle the stigma of being a cirrus (read terrible) pilot.

Everyone knows cirrus pilots are the worst so here forward I fly um something else. If anyone sees me in a Cirrus its my brother. We look a lot alike

No, I can no longer handle the stigma of being a cirrus (read terrible) pilot.

Everyone knows cirrus pilots are the worst so here forward I fly um something else. If anyone sees me in a Cirrus its my brother. We look a lot alike

Is the statement true ( is your plane still grounded?). I would love to have a cirrus.

Is the statement true ( is your plane still grounded?). I would love to have a cirrus.

Haha no.
I don't have a brother.

Plane is fixed, paperwork signed, test flight hopefully tomorrow.
And I will be a Cirrus pilot for the foreseeable future.

Well, I have to go be a Cirrus pilot for work this afternoon.

I'm trying to do some memory dump of everything I've ever learned about flying. Hope I have enough time to forget it all.

Is 2,700rpm a good warm-up speed for the engine?

Well, I have to go be a Cirrus pilot for work this afternoon.

I'm trying to do some memory dump of everything I've ever learned about flying. Hope I have enough time to forget it all.

Is 2,700rpm a good warm-up speed for the engine?

Just remember:
1. Focus on the systems. Eyes inside. None of this "head on s swivel" s**t.
2. If ATC tells you about traffic, Try to find it on the screen
3. Flaps. I don't really know when you need them so probably not important.
4. Takeoffs are optional.
5. So are landings.

Haha no.
I don't have a brother.

Plane is fixed, paperwork signed, test flight hopefully tomorrow.
And I will be a Cirrus pilot for the foreseeable future.

And for the foreseeable future, you will be harassed. This cannot be avoided.

David

Just remember:
5. So are landings.

LOL!!!

Just remember:
5. So are landings.

So, my flight was cancelled. Something about mod turb, mod ice, and weather below mins at the destination. I was looking forward to going missed, running out of TKS fluid because i accidentily left it on 'high,' and pulling the parachute.

Couldn't testify in court that the plane actually landed from the picture provided.

So, my flight was cancelled. Something about mod turb, mod ice, and weather below mins at the destination. I was looking forward to going missed, running out of TKS fluid because i accidentily left it on 'high,' and pulling the parachute.

Cirri have a TKS system??

Cirri have a TKS system??
CERTIFIED FLIGHT INTO KNOWN ICE
Increase your flying flexibility and capability with the Cirrus Known Ice Protection System. Not an STC or an afterthought, this TKS-based system was uniquely engineered to include innovative features such as dual windshield sprayers that ensure landing visibility, dual TKS fluid tanks with automatic tank switching and three TKS flow rate options to cover every condition. More impressive is the full integration with the Cirrus Perspective cockpit providing ready access to TKS fluid duration and range information and all System Operating Parameters. Finally, this package also guarantees your aircraft is ready for colder weather flying and maximized engine life with a Tanis Engine Pre-Heater.

Last edited:
Back