Child Support nightmare from hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on the phone. you must have missed that or just ignored it.

I still don't get why you didn't push back in that conversation.

Dude, with the days you've just wasted posting here you could have talked to six attorneys who deal with family court issues. No one charges for an initial consult. No doubt you can find someone who will work pro bono if the case has merit. Call the state Bar Association for referrals.

Tony,

How long were you without income prior to getting the disability check started? I see your obligations were actually set to $120/mo current and $39.00/mo for arrears. If there was a long period of no payment at all that could explain quite a bit.

I still don't get why you didn't push back in that conversation.

Dude, with the days you've just wasted posting here you could have talked to six attorneys who deal with family court issues. No one charges for an initial consult. No doubt you can find someone who will work pro bono if the case has merit. Call the state Bar Association for referrals.

I called a half dozen attorney's. I have either been told 2 -5 grand to take any case or once I told them I was on disability they hung the phone up.

I will find that attorney. This is my last post to this thread. Its closed in my book. I see no one here wants to help just give me a hard time.

Another eye opening thread for any member to look at. This is how members treat other members.

Your right this is all my fault. I caused all this and deserve everything that happens to me.

Tony

P.s. There was no payments from 2005 - 2007 because the support was stopped. In 2007 I was awarded disability and my daughter received a 8900 check because she was under 18 when i became disabled. I also received 13 months of over payments in 2010.

Last edited:
Tony, I do feel for you. You need guidance and help on several levels that perhaps is better provided IRL vs from the internet. I had real hope that it was something that could be easily fixed, but after looking at stuff your case is quite complex that I doubt any professional is going to be willing to work on it without getting paid first...this just doesn't look like a smooth walk thru case to me but then again I'm a regular guy not an attorney or CPA.

I will say that I am not the perfect financial person either----I have made several financial mistakes a few times and it appears you may have also. When we make mistakes that are costly sometimes hard choices have to be made. For me I am working my tail off and so is my wife so that we can afford our lifestyle ( including my flying habits) and ensure we never get in a financial hole again. For you I would highly revisit whether two aircraft are in your best interest. Perhaps selling both of them would clear not only this issue up but also perhaps you could get help for that back then?

I want to make it clear---I am not judging you. I just feel like a dose of reality has to be issued at some point.

01/21/2009 Annual Fee Payment Agreement
Received telephone call from payor re: 3010 fees. He will
make payments of $25/mon beginning 2/15/09 until paid in full.

What were you agreeing to pay in full at the rate of $25/mo as late as 2009 if you felt you were already paid in full as of 2005?

$3010 paid at $25 per month since 2009 would take about 120 months to pay. That means you won't be done until 2019. Looks like this is going to your ex for money you owed her. That said, I don't know how you raise a kid on less than $200 a month. Anyway, according to the court record, you agreed to this via phone. I'm thinking you got off cheap.

I called a half dozen attorney's. I have either been told 2 -5 grand to take any case or once I told them I was on disability they hung the phone up.

I will find that attorney. This is my last post to this thread. Its closed in my book. I see no one here wants to help just give me a hard time.

Another eye opening thread for any member to look at. This is how members treat other members.

Your right this is all my fault. I caused all this and deserve everything that happens to me.

Tony

P.s. There was no payments from 2005 - 2007 because the support was stopped. In 2007 I was awarded disability and my daughter received a 8900 check because she was under 18 when i became disabled. I also received 13 months of over payments in 2010.

Wow.

First, you don't call an attorney's office, get the sec'y on the phone and say "How much to do XYZ"?

You call and say you want to make an appointment to discuss a child support matter. When you are face to face and state your story, the guy might say "sure I'll take it and my retainer is $X", but if you come back with I don't have much money" he's not going to throw you out, he's going to suggest options that might include a referral to a pro bono attorney.

If you really have a malfeasance case, he'll point you in the right direction at the very least.

Failing all of that, call one of the sharks who advertises on billboards. If they smell significant money in the water, you'll have to beat him off with a stick.

Here's your options:

http://lollaf.org/

https://www.justia.com/lawyers/illinois/sangamon-county/legal-aid-and-pro-bono-services

http://illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/about/probono.html]

There you go. Three minutes of Google research. :mad2:

$3010 paid at $25 per month since 2009 would take about 120 months to pay. That means you won't be done until 2019. Looks like this is going to your ex for money you owed her. That said, I don't know how you raise a kid on less than $200 a month. Anyway, according to the court record, you agreed to this via phone. I'm thinking you got off cheap.

It's possible those were court fees that had accumulated, as well. Either way.

It's possible those were court fees that had accumulated, as well. Either way.

It looks like they are getting paid to the ex, which is where I would think it would go as it would be owed to her if from when the kid was a minor.

Divorce, the wreck that keeps on wrecking.

I raised our son. She raised our daughter. the judge would not give my son one penny. But I had to pay for my daughter. Don't tell me i got off dirt cheap. Makes me sick.

You are also not seeing the three times they took my tax return for 3 grand each. But I have those papers showing this.

I also have papers showing in 2010 owed 48 bucks in total.

Last edited:
I raised our son. She raised our daughter. the judge would not give my son one penny. But I had to pay for my daughter. Don't tell me i got off dirt cheap. Makes me sick.

You are also not seeing the three times they took my tax return for 3 grand each. But I have those papers showing this.

I also have papers showing in 2010 owed 48 bucks in total.

Ah, didn't know about your son. That explains the small amount of money. But you still owe it. From the court record, it looks like the court reopened it and you agreed to pay it. $3010 at $25 per month, that's 10 years worth of payments.

Be careful, I wouldn't pay any more lawyers, see if you can get it reviewed by one as an initial consult, if there is anything there they should take it pro bono, if they say they will take it but you have to pay, don't do it, you'll lose your shirt.

From the court record it looks like you owe the money and agreed to pay it 7 years ago, that's tough to undo, especially if you owe it.

150,000 is not enough for all the years of heart ache my wife and I have gone through. I want 1/4 million at the very least.

Tony
In case you haven't been reading the news the last couple of years, your state is broke due to politicians pis$ing away money and giving sweet union retirement deals to the parasites working for said state. You'll be lucky to see a dime. Good luck, however.

In case you haven't been reading the news the last couple of years, your state is broke due to politicians pis$ing away money and giving sweet union retirement deals to the parasites working for said state. You'll be lucky to see a dime. Good luck, however.

:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

Ah, didn't know about your son. That explains the small amount of money. But you still owe it. From the court record, it looks like the court reopened it and you agreed to pay it. $3010 at $25 per month, that's 10 years worth of payments.

Be careful, I wouldn't pay any more lawyers, see if you can get it reviewed by one as an initial consult, if there is anything there they should take it pro bono, if they say they will take it but you have to pay, don't do it, you'll lose your shirt.

From the court record it looks like you owe the money and agreed to pay it 7 years ago, that's tough to undo, especially if you owe it.

I never heard of anyone being able to agree to anything over the phone. Think they called me and asked if it was ok and I said yes?

Second seven years ago I did not have a phone. I wonder who they called and where?

It always took a motion to modify to get anything changed or done. I tried in 2010 to modify many times. This is bogus.

What about the 8900 bucks my daughter received. That should count as payment. It came from me. But you see no one mentions this. Or the 3 grand taken from my taxes three times. No one mentions this.

Last edited:
I never heard of anyone being able to agree to anything over the phone. Think they called me and asked if it was ok and I said yes?

Second seven years ago I did not have a phone. I wonder who they called and where?

It always took a motion to modify to get anything changed or done. I tried in 2010 to modify many times. This is bogus.

Smell test is pegging now....

You said in2005 you had a balance of 46 dollars and the case was CLOSED...

Then you said just last week you found out they were deducting from your disability check..

If the case was closed,, what the hell did you try to modify in 2010..:dunno::dunno:

Smell test is pegging now....

You said in2005 you had a balance of 46 dollars and the case was CLOSED...

Then you said just last week you found out they were deducting from your disability check..

If the case was closed,, what the hell did you try to modify in 2010..:dunno::dunno:

Because they kept freezing my bank account. Then the over payment checks started coming for 13 months. I thought it was all over after that.

Because they kept freezing my bank account. Then the over payment checks started coming for 13 months. I thought it was all over after that.

Were they sending you overpayment checks at the same time as they were deducting from your disability checks??

I have every check stub and letter. I received a letter first. then the next day a check would arrive.

I also have paper work that says in 2010 I was only behind 48 bucks. I can scan and post this document. But I was not even 48 buck behind. But it states 48 bucks owed.

If they audit this I am thousands over in child support. I have over paid thousands. That 8900 dollar check alone puts me thousands over. Not counting my taxes and all the money they keep taking from me.

That letter states it does not include the interest amounts. That may be substantial.

That letter states it does not include the interest amounts. That may be substantial.

Also, that letter says you are behind 48 bucks. I didn't see that it said you only had $48 left to pay to fulfill any obligations and give you a zero balance. Is there some kind of payment plan that shows a balance left?

Also, that letter says you are behind 48 bucks. I didn't see that it said you only had $48 left to pay to fulfill any obligations and give you a zero balance. Is there some kind of payment plan that shows a balance left?

The case was closed in 2005. I should not have been on any payment plans. It was all over. My daughter was married one year after she turned 18 in 2006. I have the marriage license. By 2010 I had a grand son from her.

Tony..

I am glad you said this and am happy that you are not fooled and realize this.. I was trying to find the words but you beat me to it.

Many of the people replying to your thread on this forum will never be your friend nor ever help you. They take pleasure in beating down and pushing people off of "their" forum. Either every subject is a big joke, everybody needs to be proven wrong, or are made to feel un-welcome. Maybe you should only reply to the people who are clearly willing and trying to help.

There are other forums out there that are the complete opposite of this one, whether aviation, mechanics, motorcycle or other they are the complete opposite of this one. I would give you the names but don't want the poison atmosphere to flow to them.

Good luck with your issue I hope that you resolve it.

Last edited:
Also around this time my daughter received that 8900 bucks. She was over 18 when she got this but the courts went back to 2002. She received payments for 2002 until she turned 18 in 2005. Why should I also have to pay child support out of my SS check at the same time. This is wrong. Double dipping.

When a parent goes on disability and they have a minor child. That child then receives a Social Security check until they become 18. Why would the disabled parent still have to pay out of pocket child support? It is being taken care of from his/her social security they paid into all the years they worked.

You can not double dip.

So my child support should have stopped when I became disabled. They went back to 2002 the day i could not longer work. My child support ended that day. Why because my daughter starting getting disability checks from my disability claim.

As to the person who said nothing can be done. Tell that to Paul Laird.

Last edited:
I have two short stories concerning Child support.
The first is my own. I got a letter from CSR telling me that I owed them $48,000 in child support, and I will pay it in full within 30 days, or go to jail. I called my attorney, mailed him my paperwork (divorce decree, etc) A few weeks later I got a letter of appology from CRS, and they told me that they would never bother me again. It cost me one phone call, first class postage, and I still owe the attorney lunch.
Case two; A family friend was in Wally-World, the police arrested her, in the store, carted her off to jail, where she spent 60 days. No "due process" (well, she was "processed" when she got to the jail). She was locked up for non-payment of child support. She lost her job, her house, her car, her kids, everything except the clothes she was wearing. Even the little dab of cash (<$100) she had was turned over to CRS. What I found to be strange, was that her paycheck was garnished for the purpose of paying said child support. And she has the stubs to prove it was withheld by her employer. She can't find a lawyer to take the case for any amount of money.

If you believe nothing can be done about this. Tell that to Paul Laird.

Here they are.

That looks like the amount you were past due on current payments right then. I do not see where it says that is your total arears. I mean if 09 you agreed to 25/mo and then you made partial or no payment for a month then that letter is reflecting that payment which was missed only? Are there other papers that you received that reflect a notation of "arrearage balance" , "current support due"?
Just trying to take guesses.

Last edited:
I never spoke with anyone on the phone. I have never heard of such a thing. The courts do nothing over the phone.

But like I said. Disability was paying my child from 2002 until 2005. But she did not receive this until around 2009 or so. No one counted that 8900 bucks. You can not double dip.

I never spoke with anyone on the phone. I have never heard of such a thing. The courts do nothing over the phone.

But like I said. Disability was paying my child from 2002 until 2005. But she did not receive this until around 2009 or so. No one counted that 8900 bucks. You can not double dip.

Did the 8900 come as from a disability benefit for her from your policy? As in even if you were still married to her mother she would have received that funding?

Not a problem Jim. Thanks for your concern no matter how its driven. I do thank you. I mean that. Not sarcastic.

I just wish we'd **** you off enough to actually go do something about your issue. There are free resources out there.

I spent a lot of time dealing with the court systems in two States. There is nothing that can't get fixed. Hell....you can probably do it laying on your back with the laptop. There's really no point to defending yourself here.

Like you said, fix the issue (which to me is child support, not reparations for damages), and come back and tell us how good it feels not to have to worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back