This Amelia Earhart is a lot cuter

Actually those two examples are pretty accurate as to what I am, unable to be pigeonholed. :D

Conservatives think I'm too liberal.

Liberals think I'm too conservative.

Enough of politics, though.

Yeah, I get that as well. Depending on the subject, I've had people from both persuasions argue with me and get mad at me for my viewpoints.

Yeah, pretty much my reaction, too.

According to a friend of mine, if you watch carefully you can see the cup size go up and down after each move "out of town" and back.

First time was "working in California on special assignment for the network" or whatever, and like the Grinch, her "hearts" grew three sizes that day...

Or so he says.

Others have had "interesting" interactions with her at airports. Ground school classes (mostly skipped), etc.

And, of course, the confusion about her name, which has zero correlation to the famously lost/dead one...

I dunno what to think of her, but mostly I just ... don't bother.

Traffic reporting in DEN is a joke anyway. One dude riding around in the pool chopper shared by all the networks, passing limited data to Metro Traffic, who passes it to everyone else... and a number of data entry geeks punching in stuff to the same system from the CDOT cameras.

Then all the voices/on-air talent reading the same reports, like they didn't all get the info from the same place.

It ain't the days of Don Martin and Dick Dillon flying around town actually competing to see traffic problems from their 182s, anymore... and handling both the flying and ATC radios and the broadcasts themselves, by themselves... that's for sure.

There were once seven or eight approved "Skywatch" callsigns with DEN TRACON.

Probably could just replace all of it with the text to speech thing NOAA/NWS uses for the weather channels. Or... just use Waze and let Google handle it with real-time data to your phone.

My fave is the stupid "Mobile Weather Lab" thing the one station has, though... haha... a freaking Suburban they drive around in and show you it's precipitating, and then pop up the hatch and show you a giant TV sitting in the back hooked to a thermometer and an anemometer.

Oooh... shiny high tech. LOL

The advent of the Waze app and crowd repoted traffic makes all traffic reportresses obsolete anyway.

I have flown with a couple of Amelia's instructors and they say she is a competent and serious pilot.

Before the round-the-world flight she was going to get her Commercial at KAPA and a certain school was after me to let her use my plane for th RG portion because she was in a hurry to get her CPL done before departing on the round the world Pilatus promo. We got to the point where I submitted copies of her license and medical to my insurance underwriters and they approved her to fly. But then she disappeared (ehem) and I think I heard she was able to get some kind of training in Dallas or something.

Anyway she flew a Pilatus around the world. I'd suck a bag of dicks to do either of those things.

I'd suck a bag of dicks to do either of those things.

TMI petrolero. TMI. Maybe its good I am no longer based at KFTG. Maybe the Front Range pilot community has spent too much tome in Boulder. lol!

:D

I'd suck a bag of dicks to do either of those things.

Now now. You'll get Tim and Moto started again. Hahaha. ;)

You're honestly the first person I've talked to around here who said the instructors thought the PIC skillset was good.

Not saying it isn't, I'll go with your version until I hear otherwise.

Maybe she's just worried that by posting any flying stories she'll be seen by her "public" as "one of those rich pilots"?

Or she really doesn't want to be on camera (which would be a first for most of Denver's hellaciously competitive TV "talent" market) when not at work.

Hell if I know. Most of the TV personalities that fly here don't keep it a secret at all. Nick Carter is a good guy. Met him a bunch of times and took meteorology classes from him. Tom Martino had a Cirrus and then got out of flying and I suspect it was for medical reasons, but I never kept up on it. Etc. But the "norm" is that they usually talk about it quite a bit.

Guess there's no requirement to be normal. Ha. I'm certainly not. :)

Now now. You'll get Tim and Moto started again. Hahaha. ;)

You're honestly the first person I've talked to around here who said the instructors thought the PIC skillset was good.

Not saying it isn't, I'll go with your version until I hear otherwise.

Maybe she's just worried that by posting any flying stories she'll be seen by her "public" as "one of those rich pilots"?

Or she really doesn't want to be on camera (which would be a first for most of Denver's hellaciously competitive TV "talent" market) when not at work.

Hell if I know. Most of the TV personalities that fly here don't keep it a secret at all. Nick Carter is a good guy. Met him a bunch of times and took meteorology classes from him. Tom Martino had a Cirrus and then got out of flying and I suspect it was for medical reasons, but I never kept up on it. Etc. But the "norm" is that they usually talk about it quite a bit.

Guess there's no requirement to be normal. Ha. I'm certainly not. :)

The CAP guys had good things to say about Nick Carter but I haven't met him.

I find Amelia's approach to be a bit too "look at me" oriented and it takes away some focus from the stated goals of her foundation. Then again, if I looked like her maybe I'd do the same - it makes people notice. And they say there's no such thing as bad press - or something.

I assumed she would ditch the news biz and go be the face of Pilatus or something. That would be a helluva gig.

As I have posted before, she should go take over for John and Martha King. They could use a new face on those videos! But then we couldn't use them to haze new pilots. :D

Friends dont let friends date news world chicks. Flaaaaake city.

I say give the girl a break. I don't think she's done anything to warrant all the negative comments.

That said I did go out with a girl in college who is now a reporter. Super attractive and nice but just too high strung for me. I say nice but what I really mean is polite.. most of the time. She went completely ape **** on me one time for no good reason and that was the end of that.

Last edited:
TMI petrolero. TMI. Maybe its good I am no longer based at KFTG. Maybe the Front Range pilot community has spent too much tome in Boulder. lol!

:D

Fortunately for FTG Petro flies out of APA...

Maybe this AE would be more appealing to some here?

th

Maybe this AE would be more appealing to some here?

th

Nahhhhh...

I'll bet this one has a far cuter butt! I took this shot last night when I spent the night at Bryan and Eren's house.

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 178
The CAP guys had good things to say about Nick Carter but I haven't met him.

I find Amelia's approach to be a bit too "look at me" oriented and it takes away some focus from the stated goals of her foundation. Then again, if I looked like her maybe I'd do the same - it makes people notice. And they say there's no such thing as bad press - or something.

I assumed she would ditch the news biz and go be the face of Pilatus or something. That would be a helluva gig.

As I have posted before, she should go take over for John and Martha King. They could use a new face on those videos! But then we couldn't use them to haze new pilots. :D

That's a great idea. I just got John and Martha's Commercial course from my lovely bride, and the clips are the same as from my private and IR. John and Martha are great, but it is starting to look really "old."

Seems a lot of moderately good-looking girls are trying to self-promote themselves into internet stardom. At least Earhart is better looking than Global Girl. None seem to have much to offer beyond their looks, and none are as good looking as they seem to think they are.

I guess it's left over from their mothers enrolling them in beauty pageants when they were younger. Worked out pretty well for Honey Boo-Boo.

A lot of young cute female pilots are doing that too. I find it amusing. I'm sure most can't fly worth a ****.

A lot of young cute female pilots are doing that too. I find it amusing. I'm sure most can't fly worth a ****.

Misogyny is not an attractive trait David.

You might want to leave that one to Donald Trump, especially if you want to continue to get laid on a regular basis.

This thread just goes to show why looks/sex/models are used for advertising, BECAUSE IT WORKS.

Misogyny is not an attractive trait David.

You might want to leave that one to Donald Trump, especially if you want to continue to get laid on a regular basis.

David is not wrong though. I'm sure cute young male pilots would be doing exactly the same thing, if it would work. It's not misogyny assuming he'd have the same opinion of a male doing the same thing, which I certainly would.

Using your looks to get ahead is nothing new, and just happens to work particularly well for young ladies in a massively older and male dominated field. Doesn't mean that any respect is deserved, however. That should be based on flying achievements only...

Good looking and thin people of both sexes have a distinct advantage in the business world. Women do not have exclusive rights on using their looks to get ahead.

Good looking and thin people of both sexes have a distinct advantage in the business world. Women do not have exclusive rights on using their looks to get ahead.

Guys are intimidated by other good looking guys. Luckily I'm ugly - it helps me stay ahead.

You forgot tall. Tall people traditionally make a not-insignificantly higher salary throughout life, and get noticed for various jobs first.

It's sometimes strangely impressive how our brains are still wired for various survival of species types of things that don't apply much in civilization.

It's sometimes strangely impressive how our brains are still wired for various survival of species types of things that don't apply much in civilization.
Although naturally thin people would probably have been selected out when it comes to readiness for survival. I would guess that heavier women would have been more successful at childbearing too.

David is not wrong though. I'm sure cute young male pilots would be doing exactly the same thing, if it would work. It's not misogyny assuming he'd have the same opinion of a male doing the same thing, which I certainly would.

Actually, Misogyny itself is a sexist term. It is specifically defined to be focused at women. It could never be misogyny if a male was the target, regardless of the attitude.

Can't go much further into it here...straying into the area of the Zone Which Must Not Be Named.

Ahhhh, no. You are out of line. Men, and women are different, and yes there is a double standard, and always has been. Get over it. Women use their looks much more than men to advance themselves. So, yes, they take advantage of it, so maybe ridicule them, huh? I have no problem with it. That is just the reality of our society.

You think I got to where I am on skill alone?! :D

Guys are intimidated by other good looking guys. Luckily I'm ugly - it helps me stay ahead.

Why would one be intimidated by a "good looking" guy? Maybe if one has a complex about their looks I guess.

You forgot tall. Tall people traditionally make a not-insignificantly higher salary throughout life, and get noticed for various jobs first.

Tall only got me in trouble in grade and middle school, usually after a prank or similar by my group. Teacher ahh, the tall one looks guilty (I was but that's irrelevant :D) as I stood out from the others because of my height. :dunno:

Tall only got me in trouble in grade and middle school, usually after a prank or similar by my group. Teacher ahh, the tall one looks guilty (I was but that's irrelevant :D) as I stood out from the others because of my height. :dunno:

I usually got, "Only *you* could have thought this up... Get over here!" LOL.

Back