Where is Henning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is this "airplane" you speak of? :D

il_570xN.422113349_iyvg.jpg

Boy, this thread grew since I checked it last.

I will say that I met Henning a couple of times. I get the feeling he is a very nice, generous guy with a lot more world experience than anyone else I have ever met. That said, as nice as he is, he doesn't put up with bull****. The ironic thing is that even though he is such an experienced guy with a such a wide range of experiences, he is also a master bull-****ter with a great imagination. I think he really believes most of the stuff he says, except for the Religious part, like when he says he talked to God. When he does that, I believe he is mocking religion.

But I am quite confident, he is one guy and not the figment of someone else's imagination, or a conglomeration of people. Unless his sister was named "Sybil", and it runs in the family.

But I like him, and so does my wife, who also met him.

I think he really believes most of the stuff he says, except for the Religious part, like when he says he talked to God. When he does that, I believe he is mocking religion.

Before he lost me with his suicidal and homicidal musings, that religious stuff bugged me.

He'd say stuff like, "God exists in the information flow between dark energy and dark matter" or some other nonsense involving quantum theory or the Big Bang or whatever. All quite devoid of real meaning, in much the same way as random strings can be generated and still superficially appear to be profound.

For example: http://www.wisdomofchopra.com

Anyway, a colossal waste of time and that crap never actually moved a conversation forward.

Before he lost me with his suicidal and homicidal musings, that religious stuff bugged me.

He'd say stuff like, "God exists in the information flow between dark energy and dark matter" or some other nonsense involving quantum theory or the Big Bang or whatever. All quite devoid of real meaning, in much the same way as random strings can be generated and still superficially appear to be profound.

For example: http://www.wisdomofchopra.com

Anyway, a colossal waste of time and that crap never actually moved a conversation forward.

You're right. Many good threads had a wet blanket thrown on them with Henning's metaphysical bull****.

and yet, he still lives on... for 7 pages so far... Henning would be amused. :D

Steely Dan wrote some interesting songs about the underbelly of life, and in an interview, DF and WB admitted they wrote songs that made them laugh. If they didn't laugh, it wasn't a good song and didn't make the cut.

I think Henning wrote posts that made him laugh. Was he a bullsh!tter? Absolutely, and I think he enjoyed it when people took the bull seriously and popped blood vessels over it.

Yup, he far surpassed those other people in 6PC's In Memoriam thread, some who were easily forgotten.

I think Henning wrote posts that made him laugh. Was he a bullsh!tter? Absolutely, and I think he enjoyed it when people took the bull seriously and popped blood vessels over it.

Could have been a pipe-smoker, for as you know, all pipe-smokers are bulls-itters but all bulls-itters are not pipe-smokers

I've been in the woods with no internet for over a week...

and I return to an internet with no Henning?

Say it isn't so!

Steely Dan wrote some interesting songs about the underbelly of life, and in an interview, DF and WB admitted they wrote songs that made them laugh. If they didn't laugh, it wasn't a good song and didn't make the cut.

I don't think he did it all for laughs. He did actually go out and set up that ridiculous kick starter, or whatever sight that was to get somebody to buy him some land in up state New York so he could build his crazy communist energy scheme and he got pretty testy at times when you made fun of it. I think he actually believes a lot of his own bull crap, which of course are mostly regurgitations of other people's ideas.

I've been in the woods with no internet for over a week...

and I return to an internet with no Henning?

Say it isn't so!

Oh, he's still on the internet somewhere. If you miss him, seek him out. A digital Where's Waldo. I guarantee he has not sworn off the internet for good, nor has he been banned from every place in it.

When 'Captain' stomped his feet and walked out the door the piling on thread went for many pages. It's a time-honored tradition on this forum to dump on those who either left or were removed.

I don't see much "dumping" on Henning in this thread.

That is likely because he didn't announce that he was outta here! Never to return! Henning is a bit of nut job, but he's no cry baby. He can take the crap as well as dish it out. People tend to respect that.

He was quick to lay out the story of his gear-up landing not long ago. He didn't have to do it, but it could be a valuable lesson to the rest of us. I respected him for that.

That was guilt overcoming him,, Since he had the 310 on the market.. FOR YEARS.. and no one would buy it..................

So.... The insurance company bought it....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:..

Like that has never happened before...;)

Last edited:
Just because you've met someone IRL doesn't mean he's real (or sane). Another board where I participate had a member who killed himself off with cancer because his fictional persona had become too much to bear. A number of other members (myself included) had met him IRL before that. He was real, he just wasn't any of the things he said he was.

Just because you've met someone IRL doesn't mean he's real (or sane). Another board where I participate had a member who killed himself off with cancer because his fictional persona had become too much to bear. A number of other members (myself included) had met him IRL before that. He was real, he just wasn't any of the things he said he was.

Quite a few of those running around here.

Not so sure that this thread puts either the forum or the MC in a very good light....

Well, you see, it's all about "Building a community"

And that means...something I suppose. I mean communities always gossip about people when they can't chime in to defend themselves, so I guess it meets that "Core Value"

(And as some of you know, I'm not a Henning fan-bio by any stretch, but I find it unseemly that the MC lets a thread go on about a member they have banned, and is thus unable to defend himself...but hey, they have their rules, supposedly)

I remember exactly when and where I was when I read him brag that if and when he decided to commit suicide, he could take more with him than the German pilot in the Alps.

It actually caused a physical responses in me.

When confronted, he said he'd be doing his hapless passengers a favor with a quick and painless death.

At that point he went on permanent ignore. Even if joking, I don't need any spewings of a person like that in my life.

It wasn't "could." He said "If I ever commit suicide, I plan to take way more." [emphaisis added]

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1739337&postcount=419

If it had been "could," I might not have cross-examined him about it.

Can the MOds please close this thread?

Posting a request like this is unlikely to get their attention.

To gain their attention and make a request or lodge a complaint, click the small triangle "!" icon below the name of each contributor (left column)

What's the point? The bashing is on what is basically a non-entity now, as far as the POA goes.

What's the point? The bashing is on what is basically a non-entity now, as far as the POA goes.

Henning never becomes a "non-entity".

He beams back to the Mother Ship and later returns after being re-programmed as a different life form in another place and in another dimension.

:yikes:

Just because you've met someone IRL doesn't mean he's real (or sane). Another board where I participate had a member who killed himself off with cancer because his fictional persona had become too much to bear.

Genius. Did I ever tell you guys about my smoking habit?

Well I miss him and enjoyed his posts. Once I realized that he was a writer of fiction, it made a lot more sense and became more bearable. I would support him coming back, perhaps with a permanent enforced signature that says something along the lines of: "Warning: The above comments are for entertainment purposes only and entirely fictitious. Any resemblance of any statement to any actual fact is entirely coincidental and should not be taken as any kind of serious advice or recommendation."

Well I miss him and enjoyed his posts. Once I realized that he was a writer of fiction, it made a lot more sense and became more bearable. I would support him coming back, perhaps with a permanent enforced signature that says something along the lines of: "Warning: The above comments are for entertainment purposes only and entirely fictitious. Any resemblance of any statement to any actual fact is entirely coincidental and should not be taken as any kind of serious advice or recommendation."
I take a very large percentage of any post as pure entertainment. Occasionnally, I do get a nugget of knowledge I can use. What I miss is Dr Bruce, Cap't Ron, and Rotor&Wing. It isn't necessarily what is said, but many times forces one to do a little research on their own. It's the same reason I ever visited the old SpinZone.
Even the testosterone matches were interesting.... for a while.

Genius. Did I ever tell you guys about my smoking habit?

You've got to pick something fast-acting, and then tell everyone they caught it late and you don't have much time. Don't bother dropping in or trying to contact you, because you'll be spending your final days on the beach surrounded by family who will then immediately cremate your remains and toss them into the sea.

What I miss is Dr Bruce, Cap't Ron, and Rotor&Wing..

Dr. Bruce still offers his knowledge and expert advice over on the AOPA board.

Rear Admiral Ron is building his post count on the AOPA board and continues to contribute to global warming.

R&W is still here (when not in the penalty box) providing good, informative and entertaining insights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back