• No Stripes

Votes: 31 30.7%

• Total voters

JohnAJohnson

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JohnAJohnson
I've just installed new Wheel Pants on my Cardinal and would like your opinion. The old Wheel Pants had stripes and the new ones don't (yet).

I like the looks of the new wheel pants without stripes just fine, but I've had several friends tell me they look bland and need a stripe. Not sure if they were just used to the old ones or if they really do look bland.

Normally in this case, the only opinion that matters would be mine, but I'll be selling this one day and it matters not to me if they are striped on not till then, so I'd appreciate your opinion please!

Attachments

• stripe.jpg
    stripe.jpg
    758.3 KB · Views: 237
  • nostripe.jpg
    nostripe.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 233
Stripes, but not in the same location as the original. Maybe a double stripe lower on the pant.

Stripes but only by a tiny margin. I would not be more or less likely to buy it either way. I think your instinct is correct - if you like stripes, add 'em

What about painting the entire leg and wheel pant red? You could then sell it to someone from Massachusetts for a 10k premium.

Brian....uh.....wrong thread?

What about painting the entire leg and wheel pant red? You could then sell it to someone from Massachusetts for a 10k premium.

Brian....uh.....wrong thread?

Nebraska Husker fans will buy anything red.

You can put carbon anywhere and make it look sharp :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, none of the 1980 fixed-gear Cessnas (152 through 206) had stripes on the wheel pants, nor do many of the recent "restart" models ...

cessna_r172k_1980.jpg

cessna_206h_2004_4.jpg

The wheel pants would look best with mini stripes that match the stripes on the airplane.

I like no strips I think it looks more streamline.

To me the stripes on the pants make it look a little more retro.

Star and stripes.

gpma1435-cowl-lg.jpg

Of course, it looks better on a Citabria. :yes:

I do like stripes but I think I'd go with a different or more stylish look than your original ones.

No stripes make the wheel pants look much larger.

anything other than monkeys on wheel pants is just plain silly.

attachment.php

Attachments

• w.jpg
    w.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 329
Stripes may make you go faster,
but pre-printed flight plan appliqués will prevent all crashes

Just paint it camouflage! Nah both pics look good to me, like either one.

I love 177s so flakjdfdfjlfad much. Go with the stripes. They match.

I wish they would have started production again. Didn't they have a demo of a new model from a few years back? It may not have been a 177, but it looked kind of similar.

No, what's so bad about them??
I flew early 177s when they first came out in 1968, and later 177Bs many years later. I liked them a lot. They fly differently from a 172, but very pleasant. They have the nicest aileron feel of any high-wing Cessna single. In pitch it's more responsive, more like a Cherokee. Visibility is wonderful, entry-exit ease unexcelled. My only gripe about them is that exterior skins and some hardware and trim seem light and cheesy.

That was the NGP
The NGP was supposed to be Cessna's "Cirrus-killer", but it became expendable when Cessna bought the Lancair Columbia line.

I liked flying 'em! But I'd rather a C-182. Cardinal a good looking bird though.

What are you referring to, the bald tire, or the big worm? :rofl:

Back