What kind of Bonanza is this?

I'm partial..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 51
brian];1974001 said:
Say - do they have an engine in your V-Tail yet?

No, but it is hanging expectantly by a chain, right next to it in the hangar!

(It could, hypothetically, be in the plane, but I think I'd have heard about *that*).

Whatever it is I want it. That's a nice v tail.

All V-tail Bonanzas are of the Model 35 series, but "V35" refers only to the 1966-67 model, the one that came after the "S35" and before the "V35A".

be_v35.jpg

The 1961 N model was the first with the large third window. The 1955 F model thru the 1960 M model had the small third window. The 1960 M model was the last that had the small third window and the landing lights in the wing leading edge. From the OP picture, the aircraft has the larger ruddervator trim tab, which was introduced in the 1957 H model. This limits the aircraft to being between the 1957 H model and the 1960 M model.

One thing though, you can't trust the back window to tell you age since many older models have had that mod done on them as well as the Speed Slope windshield of the late models.

One thing though, you can't trust the back window to tell you age since many older models have had that mod done on them as well as the Speed Slope windshield of the late models.

Putting a third window on an old bonanza is just wrong.

brian];1974620 said:
Putting a third window on an old bonanza is just wrong.

Some people say that about 'swoosh' paintjobs.

No I'd definitely have the third window. I do like the bare metal though.

I'm always torn on the classics. I could see leaving the back panels solid, but being used to the big teardrops that came in my Travelair, whenever I fly one with the little, or worse no window, and am looking back to clear myself, I feel obstructed in my view. Also I don't think I can live without the speed slope winshield. 3-4kts and a noticible reduction in noise if you use the 3/8", plus it looks so much better.

This one is my favorite. It's the oldest flying Bonanza in the world and is based here in Texas. N80404 The forth Bonanza ever made! I have a photo somewhere of it's beautiful wood prop, but can't find it right now.

15265001010_e84f439001_o.jpg

This one is my favorite. It's the oldest flying Bonanza in the world and is based here in Texas. N80404 The forth Bonanza ever made! I have a photo somewhere of it's beautiful wood prop, but can't find it right now.

Been wanting to see that one for a while now.

Flew for an hour yesterday. $21 in gas.

If I were to get a Bo it would be a V tail, never understood why people bother getting Bo's when they don't get a V tail, kinda the whole point of a Bo IMHO.

V-tails are definitely iconic. I needed room and useful load for 4 adults and enough fuel to go somewhere so I went with the 36. The barn doors are awesome! The straight tails seem much more stable in the bumps and IFR as well.

As my grandfather said - that's why they make Fords and Chevys...

Back