One Six Right

Auburn_CFI

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
HCS
I am sure this has been discussed here at some point but I couldn't find it in any searches. This is a great documentary film that has been out for a while now and has shown on Discovery HD. Sorry if this is a repost.

http://www.onesixright.com

Cole Simon

It's been out quite a while. I have the DVD and watch it now and then. Great flick.

The movie certainly rekindles the flying spirit in me each time I watch. I don't have a HD DVD yet. I hope it get some playing time at the local IMAX.

Cole, it's a great movie. They show it on HD Net every so often. There's a second movie that gets into more detail as well but I don't know if that's part of the DVD or a second disk.

By the way.... are you more of a "Cole Trickle" or a "Virgil Cole"? :)

I'm sure Ron knows who Virgil Cole is.

One Six Right and the companion disk, One Six Left - The Making of One Six Right, are available from Netflix, for those that haven't seen it yet. Two thumbs up from me.

I love watching that movie, it always makes me want to go fly. The part about Meigs always gets me going though.

One Six Right and the companion disk, One Six Left - The Making of One Six Right, are available from Netflix, for those that haven't seen it yet. Two thumbs up from me.

Nice to see that they actually listen to user suggestions at Netflix, I put a bug in their ear about four months ago.

On my California vacation in April, I made it a point to spend half a day hanging out at Van Nuys Airport (because of One Six Right). The place is still an iconic airport, saw several Mustangs, a bunch of T-6's (including a dozen or so tied down on the West side of the field. A couple DC3's, lots of Biz Jets, a few L-39's, a flight of three small singles in formation over the field..... very cool place!

By the way.... are you more of a "Cole Trickle" or a "Virgil Cole"? :)

I'm sure Ron knows who Virgil Cole is.

I think they are both pretty cool.

I think Virgil Cole is a little more on the crazy side than myself though.

Yeah, that's a great flick, it makes me want to go fly every time I watch it too. I haven't seen One Six Left yet, but a friend of mine has it and I can borrow it from him sometime. Do those two hot female helo pilots make an appearance on the second one too?

clips of most of the interviews (including the above mentioned helo pilots) from One Six Right are included in One Six Left. My son in law is a producer, and my oldest son is going to school for multimedia and film editing ... they both enjoyed One Six Left over One Six Right ... I liked them both.

Back