3 Dead In North East Arkansas Small Plane Crash

Geico266

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geico
Head count please!

We have many POA members in AR.

A Federal Aviation Administration spokesman says preliminary information shows the single-engine Beechcraft Bonanza crashed shortly after takeoff from the Russellville Regional Airport at about 8 a.m. Thursday. Spokesman Lynn Lunsford says the plane was headed to Knoxville, Tennessee.

Lunsford says the aircraft was destroyed by fire.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/emergency-official-dead-arkansas-small-plane-crash-34823487

Last edited:
4 dead. North West AR, not North East. No names or tail number released yet. Bonanza headed for Knoxville, TN. Plane based at KRUE.

From another board, I've heard N3BE. Apparently made the trip between GUE and TYS pretty regularly.

Still speculation. There were only 3 Bonanzas on the field when I retired 7 months ago. N3BE was one of them. There could be others now. Flight Aware shows no one leaving or having planned to leave this morning but the professional pilot who normally flies that plane would definitely have been on an IFR flight plan.

Also, Russellville is RUE, not GUE

Still speculation. There were only 3 Bonanzas on the field when I retired 7 months ago. N3BE was one of them. There could be others now. Flight Aware shows no one leaving or having planned to leave this morning but the professional pilot who normally flies that plane would definitely have been on an IFR flight plan.

Also, Russellville is RUE, not GUE
Correct about RUE - that was a typo.

I am just relaying info from BeechTalk. Nothing confirmed, but it sounds like someone over there knows the pilot.

Ugggh. Monday afternoon I flew to north central Ohio for a wake. The irony of crashing crossed my mind during the drive to the airport. R.I.P.

Very sad. May God strengthen the surviving family members and friends through this difficult time.

On their way to a funeral? My goodness me.

From the curved ground scar, appears to be another stall/spin accident. Just my guess. May they RIP.

Sorry to see the speculation start. There isn't enough info here or in the news to draw halfway intelligent conclusions.

Copied from Beechtalk:

Impact site 6,300 ft almost directly off runway 7 centerline.

Crash at 1317Z, Oct 29, per FAA report.

FAA description:

AIRCRAFT CRASHED INTO A RESIDENTIAL AREA SHORTLY AFTER DEPARTURE, THE 4 PERSONS ON BOARD WERE FATALLY INJURED, 1.5 MILES FROM RUSSELLVILLE, AR

Registration N3BE.

METAR:

KRUE 291319Z AUTO 01004KT 3/4SM BR OVC002 12/11 A2993 RMK AO2 T01170111

Southeast:
KLIT 291253Z 25003KT 7SM MIFG FEW150 BKN250 12/11 A2992

West:
KFSM 291349Z 00000KT 1/2SM R25/1400V1600FT FG VV001 11/09 A2995

Crash site elevation is about 600 MSL. Departure end of runway is 390 MSL.

The crash site photos suggest an accident site of limited extent, not a long debris field, near vertical impact.

This fits with spatial disorientation or instrument failure after entering the clouds. I don't see any evidence of engine failure, but that's obviously possible. It is possible the pilot did not establish a sufficient climb to clear terrain and obstacles.

Mike C.

Copied from Beechtalk:

Impact site 6,300 ft almost directly off runway 7 centerline.

Crash at 1317Z, Oct 29, per FAA report.

FAA description:

AIRCRAFT CRASHED INTO A RESIDENTIAL AREA SHORTLY AFTER DEPARTURE, THE 4 PERSONS ON BOARD WERE FATALLY INJURED, 1.5 MILES FROM RUSSELLVILLE, AR

Registration N3BE.

METAR:

KRUE 291319Z AUTO 01004KT 3/4SM BR OVC002 12/11 A2993 RMK AO2 T01170111

Southeast:
KLIT 291253Z 25003KT 7SM MIFG FEW150 BKN250 12/11 A2992

West:
KFSM 291349Z 00000KT 1/2SM R25/1400V1600FT FG VV001 11/09 A2995

Crash site elevation is about 600 MSL. Departure end of runway is 390 MSL.

The crash site photos suggest an accident site of limited extent, not a long debris field, near vertical impact.

This fits with spatial disorientation or instrument failure after entering the clouds. I don't see any evidence of engine failure, but that's obviously possible. It is possible the pilot did not establish a sufficient climb to clear terrain and obstacles.

Mike C.

I second that motion....:sad::sad:

Obviously too early to know at this point, but I will say this; I've done a few LIFR departures including zero/zero departures. It can be safely done, but it is s really eerie feeling to lift off and shortly after entering IMC look down and notice that you have subconsciously lowered the nose and you aren't climbing....

Back