Solo Fun

Tristar

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Tristar
Hey everyone,

I was told to go have fun today on a solo flight to work on my commercial hours. So I thought I'd take a couple pictures in the process. Its really tricky doing anything too abrupt especially in today's updrafts but I honestly wanted to just capture a few moments of where the airplane seems as if it's dancing on the scenery, kind of like its catching the magic of flight. Excuse the few bumps by weather I can't control from which the butterfly in the beginning I hope makes up for it. Yes its real, it landed on my lap when I wasn't looking while reading my checklist inside the airplane. I actually had to ask it to fly away twice. Its the little things, or creatures, in flying you sometimes feel connected to. It deserved a picture of its own before I strapped my own wings on for a mission of fun, freedom, and flying. Hope you Enjoy!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=m_-cAn1ts00

Fly safe
Tristan PP-ASEL IA

Beautiful, AND... talented too!!!

Great musical selection, and a nice video. Moving, emotional.
You made me want to get up there and play with the breeze!
Thank you for that.

Chache

PS.
Don't you ever let anyone say that you're "not all that" ;-)

You know, even though it was really girly, there's a chance that might be the best edited airplane video I've watched yet.

Good job Tristan.

Tristan, that was beautiful. Your video made me smile, and watching it made me want to go flying. I loved the peaceful music...who is that?

Well done, Tristan ... you make a great advocate for GA!

But what in that flight made the plane shrink? You started out with a 172 and ended with a 150. :D

But what in that flight made the plane shrink? You started out with a 172 and ended with a 150. :D
Hehe I needed a calm entrance and the one with my IFR plane at sunset was the only one I had. I flew a 152 today though.

Tristan, that was beautiful. Your video made me smile, and watching it made me want to go flying. I loved the peaceful music...who is that?
The song is "When Angels Fly" by Tim Heintz

Tristan, that was just lovely, kiddo - ESPECIALLY the self-portrait - that was some kind of smile, sweetie! :) :) :)

Nice video tristan! What was your bank angle in the photo after the first motion video? Look pretty steep.

You ever notice, when you look at a picture of someone smiling, you sorta naturally smile back? You made me grin!

Very nice, Tris.

Nice video tristan! What was your bank angle in the photo after the first motion video? Look pretty steep.
I was attempting a commercial steep turn which is 50 degrees. It looks steep because of the camera.

Tristan you are amazing.

I love the video!

Well, since I'm on dial-up here at the apt. and can't get youtube at work, I just spent 20 minutes downloading this, when I shoulda been in bed (and now I'm typing this when I ought to be going to bed:rolleyes: );) .

Tristan, this is absolutely the most serene, peaceful clip I've ever seen. Thank you, thank you, thank you for making this clip--it so exemplifies the utter joy I feel when I'm up in the air!

Which, by the way, I plan on being up in, come Saturday--hope to go up with a local master, and after demonstrating my (alleged) skills, get him to sign me off on my short solo X/C! This video will be playing in the back of my mind as I'm flying to Monett (M58) and back:yes: .

Calm skies,

Jim

Which, by the way, I plan on being up in, come Saturday--hope to go up with a local master, and after demonstrating my (alleged) skills, get him to sign me off on my short solo X/C! This video will be playing in the back of my mind as I'm flying to Monett (M58) and back:yes: .
Jim, would it be possible for you to fly with your CFI to Gaston's on Saturday so that you can attend our fly-in?

Hm-m-m-m-m-m. It's about 84nm to Gaston's--should I or shouldn't I??

It's so tempting, but Mary would cause serious pain and suffering upon my head if I were to go withhout her the first time. Besides, I really do need to get my solo X/Cs done so I can get this checkride finished, so I can really get a license to learn.:yes:

All the best to all you at Gaston's,

Jim

Tristan, I just watched your video again. It really is lovely. :)

Thanks, I think its still my favorite of the videos I've made.

Because of today's bump, this was the first time I saw it. That's a great video, Tristan! The music fit with it perfectly, too.

You also have the art of self-portraits down a lot better than me. Mine always turn out some form of awful that I can't show the public. :)

Back