What he heck is going on with Texas weather?

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
We are trying to get home to Florida but central Texas has been an IFR mess for weeks with no end in sight.

We got a million inches of rain in the last 2 days.

We got practically nothing on the Texas gulf coast, after an incredible multiday media crush of "We are all going to diiiiie!" press coverage.

We did get some impressive wind on the island early this morning, though.

We got a million inches of rain in the last 2 days.

2 days I can deal with. 7weeks straight like we had in the spring and I'm going to start ordering gopher wood and a metal cubit to feet computer.

It's a Giant storm. It's kind of a Man-ning size front. I wouldn't want to Rom-o around the skies because that's just silly. If I had to pick 6 places to go, Texas wouldn't be one of them. But if I had to return for a touchdown then I guess I would.

It's a Giant storm. It's kind of a Man-ning size front. I wouldn't want to Rom-o around the skies because that's just silly. If I had to pick 6 places to go, Texas wouldn't be one of them. But if I had to return for a touchdown then I guess I would.

I don't have what the labor unions refer to as "cable TV". What is the score? How bad is Dallas getting beat?

I don't have what the labor unions refer to as "cable TV". What is the score? How bad is Dallas getting beat?

Game over. 27-20 g-men. Pretty good game (mostly for NY) with a coupl'a bad calls on both sides, a pick 6 and punt return for ny, and beAsley ruining any chance of a comeback.

Game over. 27-20 g-men. Pretty good game (mostly for NY) with a coupl'a bad calls on both sides, a pick 6 and punt return for ny, and beAsley ruining any chance of a comeback.

Dallas played better minus the mistakes. Manning has the mobility of a tree, if you can rush him, you beat him. But Giants should beaten them in the first game, it all evens out.

You shoulda planned an alt route up through West Texas. It was a CAVU day today. It was like a bee swarm over this area there were so many pilots up, enjoying the day - including me. :)

Texas weather. A couple of years ago it required digging up the parched yard to repair water lines as they broke where the soils dried up and cracked. The next year it required digging up the yard to put in French drains or the lawn would become a lake. From one extreme to the next but at least the lakes are full.

We got practically nothing on the Texas gulf coast, after an incredible multiday media crush of "We are all going to diiiiie!" press coverage.

We did get some impressive wind on the island early this morning, though.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you guys fared!

Nature's schedule is often not in sinc with what we would like. I remember it being very dry in GA when we lived there, then it went into flooding. All it takes is the remnants from a hurricane to park above for a few days. The one time we got 12" in 24 hours. The small creek 150 yards in the back woods came into the back yard.

Thanks for the update. I was wondering how you guys fared!
This was what was left of our car port awning this morning.

We got a little wind when the remnants of the hurricane blew through... ;)

Oh, well. At least the forecasters got this storm right, after totally whiffing on the "historic storms" predicted for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

34ba31ddd76e01b1fd990889ff9fcd5b.jpg

This was what was left of our car port awning this morning.

We got a little wind when the remnants of the hurricane blew through... ;)

Oh, well. At least the forecasters got this storm right, after totally whiffing on the "historic storms" predicted for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.

34ba31ddd76e01b1fd990889ff9fcd5b.jpg

I think this qualifies for the "wadded up" picture of the week!!:eek:

We are trying to get home to Florida but central Texas has been an IFR mess for weeks with no end in sight.

Strange. Here in CTX, we've had gorgeous sunny weather for a long time until the rain arrived last Wednesday (I was up and flying Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday). All the clouds rained out and we're back to "abundant sunshine".
Doublecheck your weather sources, they might be lying to you. It will be severe clear again until this weekend when more rain is predicted.

So how is it you have the tent-to-end-all-tents for one week in Osh, but your year round car port gets wadded up in a stiff breeze? :)

So how is it you have the tent-to-end-all-tents for one week in Osh, but your year round car port gets wadded up in a stiff breeze? :)
It was a rogue hurricane gust. :)

The surveillance video is stunning. It happened in 2 seconds!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back