Daily Pic

The Yak taking off from 27R at KSEE with an early turn yesterday - was a blast! Initial rate of climb was almost 1,900 FPM.

TO-Early%20Turn_zpslosz5upp.png

'Gimp

Last edited:
Played hooky from the office this morning and did my first formation aerobatics clinic - mind overload but very, very cool.

FormAcro10-23-15_zpsull0txde.png

'Gimp

Very nice!
Thanks. The GoPro does not do distance justice, it is WAY closer than it looks. Was a great flight, lots of work, had to wag out and shake loose a couple times to avoid task saturation.

We start off with basic 45-60 degree welded wing turns, then moved to dynamic wingovers, speeds from 170 kts at entry to about 90 at the apex with bank angle to 90 degrees.

Didn't have to bail out of any maneuvers which was good for a first clinic but did get sucked (out of position aft) and acute (out of position forward) a couple times resulting in gross power changes. Found that throttle friction was still a little high so I adjusted that today - checked out good.

3G pull from a low transition takeoff - 2,000FPM initial!!
10-24-15-TO_zps0zjnstzx.png

'Gimp

We had to change oil and made sure that the engine was warm enough for the oil change... :D

P1150274_S.jpg

Detroit Downtown

P1150338_S.jpg

Middle Bass and Put-In-Bay:

P1150473_S.jpg

Put-In-Bay:

P1150509_S.jpg

Cedar Point / Sandusky:

P1150568_S.jpg

Golf course in Ann Arbor:

P1150653_S.jpg

Michigan University Stadium:

P1150673_S.jpg

just playing around on the way home from a flyin

Attachments

• FILE0151.JPG
    FILE0151.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 64
Not as good as Gimp's pictures but I'll try. My student's dad eventually wants to check me out in the T-34 and do some formation flying with him and his son. He already gave me some study material about the airplane and formation flying.

t34_zpsw8jcojqe.jpg

Had some fun doing s-p-i-n-s today on the way to grab fuel at another local airport.

G0018477.jpg

G0018495.jpg

G0018546.jpg

G0018592.jpg

G0018652.jpg

G0018684.jpg

G0018694.jpg

G0018738.jpg

from the ground, but a neat cloud pic (completely un photoshopped)

Attachments

• Tcloud.jpg
    Tcloud.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 91
The last light of the day over Matagorda Bay, off the Texas Gulf Coast near Port Aransas.

b55ffbef5612b4a9620ce0f90dac4b65.jpg

on our way to Asheville NC

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• AVL_2.jpg
    AVL_2.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 507
  • AVL_3.jpg
    AVL_3.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 510
  • LKN.jpg
    LKN.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 504
Took my brother flying. It's the first time we have been in a plane together since 1966.
Flew up the Hudson and got some pictures. This is West Point.

Some images (heavily edited to make it pop, stupid iphone camera) from my second ever flight over the Bay area in Maryland. That was on the way back from practicing banks and turns. Ill try to get more, but I want to be able to focus on the stalls and maneuvers that are coming up.

UbIejeN.jpg

badGGSg.jpg

Last edited:
7702aba233abee8067e7f28d0f6c6934.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lol I just showed this pic to Mary, who said "Did the GoPro slow the Coupe down five knots?"

I laughed and said "No, but it put it in a standard rate left turn."

We crack ourselves up. I miss my old Ercoupe!

lol I just showed this pic to Mary, who said "Did the GoPro slow the Coupe down five knots?"

I laughed and said "No, but it put it in a standard rate left turn."

We crack ourselves up. I miss my old Ercoupe!

It was a stream lined contour, no performance loss! For my first flight being in 15g22 it sure was easy to fly!

It was a stream lined contour, no performance loss! For my first flight being in 15g22 it sure was easy to fly!

The Ercoupe is great fun.

Next warm day, take a friend up, open the canopy, and tell them to reach out and touch the wing. Marvel as the plane turns.
:)

The Ercoupe is great fun.

Next warm day, take a friend up, open the canopy, and tell them to reach out and touch the wing. Marvel as the plane turns.
:)

I'm sure I'll get a few more flights in it, but it's not mine, just a prebuy and delivery for me!

Took a ride in a Bell 407. We dropped the owner's son who is my student off and then he took me back to FRG and I got to fly and land (attempted to land). It was my second ride in his helicopter. I'm hoping he'll let me fly his S-76 soon!

bell407_zpstoepsbct.jpg

A little sightseeing flight... Utilized the freedoms our Veterans have fought so hard to maintain (thank you) and flew our TR182 along the Cape Canaveral Space Coast, just 14 miles north of the Space Shuttle Landing Facility (KTTS). We departed New Smyrna Beach ( KEVB ) shortly after sunrise and flew at 500-700' AGL down the coastline.

Did this flight 3 times this week. It never gets old. Once during the day and twice at night. Night time was amazing

freedom_zpsnwsdc9hq.jpg

Back