It has begun

RalphInCA

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RalphInCA
Officially kicked off IFR training today. Should be fun and challenging.

Doing my testing with DuBois Aviation, Chino Airport in their Piper Cherokees.

Enjoy the learning, Ralph. It will help your all-around aviating skills.

Good luck, Ralph. I really enjoyed the precision of IFR training. After you learn flying by instruments, try to get some actual IMC with your instructor. It is invaluable.

I hope you are already bald, because you will pull out all your hair with all the new information and precision flying you will have to learn...:lol::lol::lol:

But, when you do your first approach to near minimums and see that runway in front of you will be the best feeling ever.!! :yes:

Lou DuBois runs one of the most student oriented flight schools I've seen. Everybody there wants you to succeed in reaching your aviation goals and will do anything they can to help. You've picked a good flight school. :yesnod:

Best of luck. Learning to fly on instruments will really improve your piloting skills. Don't forget to have fun, too.

Oh, and after you pass your IR ride you can then spend time relearning how to land. :D

Good luck! As a full-time business owner, getting my instrument rating was the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life. Don't get discouraged, the instrument rating is your ticket to real flying and eliminating MOST situations where you could get stuck at an airport.

Good luck!!

It's a process and I thought the toughest rating to obtain. In the same breath it's the best rating and opens up your flying and use of the plane.

Good luck, Ralph. I really enjoyed the precision of IFR training. After you learn flying by instruments, try to get some actual IMC with your instructor. It is invaluable.
:yeahthat:It makes all the difference in the world...:yes:

I'll start mine this Spring. Unlike the OP I'll have actual IFR through which to fly.

Good luck ,hope you enjoy it. The training will make you a better pilot.

There are some apps to help you visualize hold entriees, dme arcs and VOR tracking. Also, I'd suggest looking up UND on youtube. They have some really good vids on instrument flying. It's not "ground instructions",but it is. Watch them a few times and you'll do better I think.

I'll start mine this Spring. Unlike the OP I'll have actual IFR through which to fly.

Good for you. its a lot of work and you need to stay current, learn and get experience before its really valuable.

For me the work was tedious (at times) but rewarding and the payoff is very tangible.

Congrats,

Let us know your progress from time to time!

Lou DuBois runs one of the most student oriented flight schools I've seen. Everybody there wants you to succeed in reaching your aviation goals and will do anything they can to help. You've picked a good flight school. :yesnod:

This is good to know. So far I like them. Kind of half way between a 141 and part 61 school.

Back