I'm a thief

poadeleted21

Touchdown! Greaser!
I'm on a delta flight and totally bored, so I poked around and figured out how to get gogo for free. This is an illegal post.

I'm on a delta flight and totally bored, so I poked around and figured out how to get gogo for free. This is an illegal post.

Nice.

For educational purposes one, of course, how'd ya do it :yes:

Have you figured out how to take control of the plane yet? ;)

Nice.

For educational purposes one, of course, how'd ya do it :yes:

On an iOS device, go to any web page, it will redirect you to their portal. Pretend like you're going to watch a free movie. This requires the gogo player. They will ask you for a CAPTCHA. Then it will launch the App Store. Don't download the player, just let it open in the AppStore. At that point you have 15ish minutes of free internet. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. If you do have the player already, uninstall it or it won't launch the App Store.

Actually, you don't have to let the App Store launch. Once the CAPTCHA is in, you're good to go. Doesn't last very long, but it only takes 3 seconds to reset.

Technically that would be a Federal crime if you traveled over state lines... You are in some serious trouble, Mister..........

Technically that would be a Federal crime if you traveled over state lines... You are in some serious trouble, Mister..........

Is it? I guess I did access a network I wasn't supposed to. But I did EVERYTHING through Safari on iOS.

NSA isn't going to kick your door down, you are fine. I was joking about the serious trouble.

But.... It most probably would be a Federal offense since you crossed state lines and it's a pay service you received for free.

Or if you have an AMEX Business Platinum you get it for free.

Does reading this post make me an accessory to gogo thievery?

A few years ago I was wasting time at a mall while my wife was shopping. I discovered I could get free wifi by turning off DHCP DNS and setting it to 4.4.4.4 (Google's free public DNS). It felt like using the CTAF frequency to open the gate.

On an iOS device, go to any web page, it will redirect you to their portal. Pretend like you're going to watch a free movie. This requires the gogo player. They will ask you for a CAPTCHA. Then it will launch the App Store. Don't download the player, just let it open in the AppStore. At that point you have 15ish minutes of free internet. Wash. Rinse. Repeat. If you do have the player already, uninstall it or it won't launch the App Store.

Sweet, thanks!

Didn't they go TU?

I just saw the Gogo B-737 at Aurora, IL KARR, now they won't be able to buy fuel with everyone swiping the internet for free, and just who is the thief for what they charge?

I have notified all three letter agencies. You will be apprehended when you land.

Or -- not.

For the record, that works on any airline, not just delta...because it's a gogo thing, not a Delta thing.

Within about a month, I should get entirely free gogo in flight on SW due to status.

I heard they don't put pins on the plastic wings they hand out anymore. I'm bummed.

Epaulets of course are super cheesey, but I proudly wear my American Airline wings they I earned as a six year old.

I heard they don't put pins on the plastic wings they hand out anymore. I'm bummed.

Epaulets of course are super cheesey, but I proudly wear my American Airline wings they I earned as a six year old.

You earned it, wear em with pride. I think you're entitled to at last 5 stripes on your epaulets based on POA posts alone.

Or if you have an AMEX Business Platinum you get it for free.

Only 10 uses...already burned through my 10 and signed up for a monty plan.

Now question is how can I get Gogo in my 182.

I could make a fortune in fees selling the service to my Pax!

If I can not charge them for flights without a Commercial, I am gonna start charging for bags to!

Last edited:
I won't use GoSloGo any more. Too many dropped connections, connections that crawl, and price increases for inferior service. They don't deserve my money. Back to old-school reading books/mags/etc or working on the computer when riding the metal mailing tube.

I won't use GoSloGo any more. Too many dropped connections, connections that crawl, and price increases for inferior service. They don't deserve my money. Back to old-school reading books/mags/etc or working on the computer when riding the metal mailing tube.

You obviously do not fly Southwest then...Gogo is a Godsend in comparison!

Reminds me of this:

I remember back in the day when there was no internet access on the airlines. Oh the horror! :rofl:

Bartmc, I think we can let this transgression go this time. :)

David

For the record, that works on any airline, not just delta...because it's a gogo thing, not a Delta thing.

Within about a month, I should get entirely free gogo in flight on SW due to status.

Southwest does not have gogo. They use Row44.

Only 10 uses...already burned through my 10 and signed up for a monty plan.

Now question is how can I get Gogo in my 182.

I could make a fortune in fees selling the service to my Pax!

If I can not charge them for flights without a Commercial, I am gonna start charging for bags to!

Call their sales department. They do advertise that they can do it on "any plane, anywhere". I always laugh when I see that marketing verbiage.

I never understood the need to use it anyway. Unless you are on a business deal and are anxiously awaiting an email from your boss or an updated spreadsheet for a meeting, why not just enjoy the unplugged time? Is updating facebooger or whatever really that important?

Some of their price increases were to discourage the use of their product by the casual user as there were too many users and the bandwidth was getting choked up. The system does not handle a large number of users very well.

I never understood the need to use it anyway. Unless you are on a business deal and are anxiously awaiting an email from your boss or an updated spreadsheet for a meeting, why not just enjoy the unplugged time? Is updating facebooger or whatever really that important?

Some of their price increases were to discourage the use of their product by the casual user as there were too many users and the bandwidth was getting choked up. The system does not handle a large number of users very well.

For me it was business. Then it got so slow that it couldn't hold a VPN connection so it was worthless. I'd rather look out the window than fart around on the internet.

Understand what the price increases were for - but in the end, it's still slow as ever and costs much more.

Back