Gaston's Fly In 2015 - October 8-11th

We r bringing a fruit salad smothered w pistaccio pudding and cool whip...not fresh fruit tho. I'm sure I will make some kind of dessert as well.

brian];1908401 said:
Looks like the aerial invasion of Gastons has begun. They just posted a pic of a certain C421 from Topeka on their Facebook page...

(By the way - you need to mail in that registration card to the feds ...)

I had to look that up when I heard "421." :)

N421AN... I feel like I know that tail number...

We r bringing a fruit salad smothered w pistaccio pudding and cool whip...not fresh fruit tho. I'm sure I will make some kind of dessert as well.

Perfect! I was gonna bring a water melon, but I would rather have a dishable fruit salad and use a spoon. I'll bring Mogan & Coke. :D

brian];1908401 said:
Looks like the aerial invasion of Gastons has begun. They just posted a pic of a certain C421 from Topeka on their Facebook page...

(By the way - you need to mail in that registration card to the feds ...)

It isnt' on the field at Gaston's yet. A certain 170 was here first if you don't count the two Air Guard helicopters that were taking off just after we landed. :yes::D

Hurry up, people!! This party has started!!

c013618826184f26177f605e0a9d0f69.jpg

Runway conditions are as usual. Dry, firm, and bumpy. New tiedown tires and ropes marked white in the tiedown area.

I really hate that I am sitting in my cubicle right now.

Ok, I am getting reaaalllly jealous! Next year, count me in.

I bought a big watermelon last night, and will be baking chocolate chip and sugar cookies tonight. I'll send as many as I can with Bryan, but the kids have already called dibs on some of the cookies.

Sign us up to bring some chocolate chip/caramel/pretzel cookies. :)

Baked, of course, by my beautiful bride. My skill lies more on the consumption side of things. :rofl:

Looks like a pretty day there. Headwinds forecast for the route from Atlanta. If we don't have to dodge too much stuff, I'm guessing a 1PM arrival for us.

Anybody who will be on the flight line tomorrow want to post a mobile number we can call if a weather diversion to KBPK means we need a pickup there?

Oh good, the 300 HP alarm clock! If I was there early enough, I'd do the alarm clock in formation with him and we'd have a 900 HP alarm clock. :D

Looks like a pretty day there. Headwinds forecast for the route from Atlanta. If we don't have to dodge too much stuff, I'm guessing a 1PM arrival for us.

Anybody who will be on the flight line tomorrow want to post a mobile number we can call if a weather diversion to KBPK means we need a pickup there?

Try 122.8, if no answer then call me @ 817 tree two zero 1336

It isnt' on the field at Gaston's yet. A certain 170 was here first if you don't count the two Air Guard helicopters that were taking off just after we landed. :yes::D

What?? no pictures of the 170?

Room #50 if anyone needs anything. Apparently we have no cell phone service here. You can call the room if needed.

I have cabin 61 (two bedroom, two bath, living room, kitchen). If someone is interested in splitting it let me know.

We could host the party(s) in it as well.

No cell service? Seriously? I realize it is Arkansas and all, but no cell phones?

;)

Last edited:
People asking about grass conditions: cut short. Today: Dry, bumpy and washboardy, as usual. Keep full aft elevator on the rollout!
Tomorrow after the predicted rain, who knows!?!

20b21eab07b52c6e6a73dc3d8f48c79e.jpg

11b2e0a97670ec8d40a5e9d7a74d9f29.jpg

Well now, with the grass so short and all, I do believe I will have to inspect the runway prior to landing. It's only the appropriate thing to do.

See your PMs!

Sorry Grant, I beat ya to it... Just didn't announce it publicly. :)

I usually wait for people to need to cancel, since Gaston's dings you for a night if you cancel. If you need to switch a reservation, you just add the other person's name to it.

If all else fails, a 421 is plenty big enough to sleep in. :goofy:

Anyone have a place for me to crash on Saturday night, if I make my flight?

Sorry Grant, I beat ya to it... Just didn't announce it publicly. :)

I usually wait for people to need to cancel, since Gaston's dings you for a night if you cancel. If you need to switch a reservation, you just add the other person's name to it.

If all else fails, a 421 is plenty big enough to sleep in. :goofy:

Merde! ;)

Hopefully something else will turn up, or Tim may be bunking with Ed!:yikes:
At this point, we're 90% confident we'll be flying in Friday evening.

I will do everything in my power to ensure the cookies are in no way shaped like anything that might be considered phallic.

Except the exact opposite.

It will be an uncertified spin. Those are really fun.

Making notes here... Talk slower.

6PCs friends ... spin... his cookies in their mouth.

Think I got it.

Dry fitted my 10x10 EZ Up in the 182. Might work since our seats will fold forward. So we might be well covered in the shade department.

Wet fitting is way too messy. Good job sir.

Making notes here... Talk slower.

6PCs friends ... spin... his cookies in their mouth.

Think I got it.

Wet fitting is way too messy. Good job sir.

I have been cleaning the plane and filling it to max gross with beer.
I come home and Mrs 6PC has a batch of penis shaped cookies complete with chocolate sprinkles on the nutz.

I have been cleaning the plane and filling it to max gross with beer.
I come home and Mrs 6PC has a batch of penis shaped cookies complete with chocolate sprinkles on the nutz.

And somehow, Mini6PC is a normal kid.... Go figure.

I'm going to try for an 11am arrival. I'll text Mike for a field condition report or holla on 122.8.

Or text me at 817.SevenOneFour.2002

5:00am no big changes @3M0; brief light shower recently.
Unpleasant line assoc. w cold front to NW - moving slowly S & E, should be atop us at noon but I think, weakening somewhat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 18
Back