Pet Peeves

They may just BE a dweeb... :D

Guilty!

Of course the use of the word "delta" is not an all or nothing thing, as with most topics.

I would never use "delta" in casual conversation. But I certainly do use it, along with "T", when I'm talking about the temperature drop across the coil in an AC system with someone who also understands the proper terminology.

Just like I would never use "niner" in casual conversation but always do on the radio.

I do catch myself occasionally using "negative" in casual conversation though...:redface:

Guilty!

Of course the use of the word "delta" is not an all or nothing thing, as with most topics.

I would never use "delta" in casual conversation. But I certainly do use it, along with "T", when I'm talking about the temperature drop across the coil in an AC system with someone who also understands the proper terminology.

Just like I would never use "niner" in casual conversation but always do on the radio.

I do catch myself occasionally using "negative" in casual conversation though...:redface:

I watched an old Magnum, PI this week, in which TC (the helo pilot) was making a distress call, and said "fiver." :mad2:

My neighbors and other dimwits who get their mail from their rural mailboxes while in their car - in the left hand lane no less - instead of walking the 20 meters from their front doors to the mailbox.
Lazy SOBs cause all sorts of oncoming traffic hazard. They all appear to could use the exercise as well.

Idiots that get in the right 'lane' at an entrance to a busy road to turn left when there the entrance to said road is 5 'lanes' Wide, and prevent a whole line of cars from exiting to the right because these ****tards have no sense of spatial awareness.

Idiots that get in the right 'lane' at an entrance to a busy road to turn left when there the entrance to said road is 5 'lanes' Wide, and prevent a whole line of cars from exiting to the right because these ****tards have no sense of spatial awareness.
:yes::mad2:

Pilots or FAs that can't seem to shut up when it comes to the PA. Hey Captain America - I don't need hourly status updates when travelling across the country on a redeye. You're going to wake an airplane full of people because you think we need to know that we're passing over Peoria? It's 2am. Shut. The. %#^*. Up.

Oh, and if we're in and out of light chop for thousands of miles, consider just leaving the damned sign on.

Sigh...I think I need to eat something. I'm getting p!ssy! :D

Pilots or FAs that can't seem to shut up when it comes to the PA. Hey Captain America - I don't need hourly status updates when travelling across the country on a redeye. You're going to wake an airplane full of people because you think we need to know that we're passing over Peoria? It's 2am. Shut. The. %#^*. Up.

This! I swear they have cabin cameras... "Hey, the last guy just drifted off to sleep! Watch this... DING! Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking...."

I will deplane in Minneapolis through an enclosed boarding bridge and if I cared to know what the weather in 'centigrade' is when we get there, I could look it up on my phone.
It should be illegal to use the PA for anything but safety related announcements. I dont want to contribute to your charity, the color of your lemonade is irrelevant and if you are courteous and professional, I frankly dont care whether you are MSP, ATL or Cleveland based. I just want you move me from A to B with the least annoyance possible.

If you make it down to Parker sometime Clark, I'll treat to a "Three Meat Biggie" at Twisters (a New Mexico franchise burrito place), "handheld with easy green chili". (If you don't have them go easy on the chili it's so wet inside it'll disintegrate in your hands as you eat it. BTDT.)

The "three meat" is ham, sausage, and bacon. Breakfast burrito style with potatoes.

Thing is great anytime. A heart attack waiting to happen, but awesome.

Wait - we have a Twisters in Parker?

I work right up the street at Arapahoe and I-25. I know what I'm doing for lunch today...

I had to read this twice to get what you were saying, and yes, that is way up there on my list too.

Dear restaurant: If I wanted to buy the ingredients for a salad, I would have gone to the grocery store. I went to a restaurant because I wish to eat prepared food, and for a salad that means properly shredded and tossed.

For some reason I can't stand it when people wear wife beaters as their main shirt in public. It's supposed to be underwear and it just looks so tacky.

When you have to make a U turn and there are nothing but "No U Turn" signs at each light for the next three miles.

Any company that rewards you for your loyalty by increasing your monthly price (coughinternetcough).

Dear burger counter girl, if I really wanted to try some horrid god awful concoction of a hamburger with f'in hot dogs on it, I'd order one. You don't need to waste 25 seconds of dialogue to clear the air.

That also goes for the overpriced "all natural" burger which tastes the same as the regular burger but it costs twice as much. If I'm going to pay that kind of money for a burger, you're going to have to let me put my hand down your blouse.

For some reason I can't stand it when people wear wife beaters as their main shirt in public. It's supposed to be underwear and it just looks so tacky.

When you have to make a U turn and there are nothing but "No U Turn" signs at each light for the next three miles.

Any company that rewards you for your loyalty by increasing your monthly price (coughinternetcough).
I take a left or a right at the next intersection, then 3 point in the middle of the block. This usually mans the street that gets 3 cars a day is likely to have 5 at that very moment.

Dear burger counter girl, if I really wanted to try some horrid god awful concoction of a hamburger with f'in hot dogs on it, I'd order one. You don't need to waste 25 seconds of dialogue to clear the air.

That also goes for the overpriced "all natural" burger which tastes the same as the regular burger but it costs twice as much. If I'm going to pay that kind of money for a burger, you're going to have to let me put my hand down your blouse.

Jared, is that you..??? :lol::lol::lol:

"Do you want to try our...."

No. If I wanted to try the god awful All American Burger with a freakin' hot dog in it I would order one. You just wasted thirty seconds in unnecessary dialogue. You have big huge photo posters of the thing on the walls and door, and I don't outwardly resemble Stevie Wonder. You know what I like. I come here at least three times a week.

Just got off a flight, which reminded me of many peeves:

- The walk aisles in the main terminal concourse are NOT a good place to just mindlessly stop to ponder life experiences .

- Skirting around the edge of the crowd waiting to load an airport subway so you get on and some of them don't ain't right. It marks you as a d-bag.

-Unless you have a very tight connecting flight, let the frickin' airplane unload in sequence beginning with the seats nearest the exit...

- Hertz. I accepted the car as "full" based on the fuel gauge, you should reciprocate when I return it. You can see that the tank on the rental car is full. Don't jack with me because the pump at the nearby gas station didn't have a working printer, so I don't have a receipt for you.

- Crappy convenience store near the Fort Lauderdale Airport. Fix the printers at your fuel pumps.

- Why in the heck don't they lock the seat backs on short flights? Dude in front of me nearly killed me when he reclined while my tray was "down".

- Why in the heck don't they lock the seat backs on short flights? Dude in front of me nearly killed me when he reclined while my tray was "down".

Which brings to mind: Why the eff don't those GD seats recline enough so that your head doesn't fall forward when you drift off? If you put any thickness of pillow behind your neck, your head falls forward whenever you start to fall asleep, instantly waking you up.

We flew from Dallas to Frankfurt two weeks ago, trying to grab a few hours sleep in seats that only reclined a teensy smidge. Complete BS -- and now we are facing a London to Dallas flight tomorrow... Ugh.

All it needs is 5 more degrees.

Which brings to mind: Why the eff don't those GD seats recline enough so that your head doesn't fall forward when you drift off? If you put any thickness of pillow behind your neck, your head falls forward whenever you start to fall asleep, instantly waking you up.

We flew from Dallas to Frankfurt two weeks ago, trying to grab a few hours sleep in seats that only reclined a teensy smidge. Complete BS -- and now we are facing a London to Dallas flight tomorrow... Ugh.

All it needs is 5 more degrees.

Maybe you should upgrade to business class...

I'm pretty sure I won't do another trans-atlantic in economy...

I made the mistake of springing for business class upgrades for my family once. Now my kids are starting to act up if we turn right when boarding a transatlantic flight.

Yeah, that would have been worth it. I'm going to try upgrading in an hour, but they fly so full now I doubt it will be possible.

But that doesn't change my post. 5 degrees is nothing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah, that would have been worth it. I'm going to try upgrading in an hour, but they fly so full now I doubt it will be possible.

But that doesn't change my post. 5 degrees is nothing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Good luck. You'll need it.

If it's one thing I learned from over ocean flights is to stay up the whole night before the flight. You will sleep the whole flight. I slept from New York to Istanbul once.

I slept for nine hours (!) straight on a flight from DFW to Melbourne. I was pretty tired.

Thought my legs would never work again.

That's a LONG flight.

If it's one thing I learned from over ocean flights is to stay up the whole night before the flight. You will sleep the whole flight. I slept from New York to Istanbul once.

Benadryl and two of the small bottles of red wine ensure the same (there is a small chance that it turns you into raging lunatic who gets kicked off the flight in Gander, NF).

I do trans pacific twice a year, Cathay Pacific business class. I couldn't even imagine doing that in economy either. Every other flight is economy.

Back