Electric air cond.

N5922S

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
N5922S
I was talking to a gentleman yesterday who'd had an electric AC installed in his 182. He said it worked beautifully, even here in Texas.

Anyone else had firsthand experience?

I need to know more! I want it! I will buy it!

Heeeeeeeeelllllpppp!

Q: How much does the system weigh?
23 pounds for back-up alternator system and 46.8 pounds for airconditioning. Add both together to get total system weight with alternator.

Looks like the alternator is optional

Q: How much does the system weigh?
23 pounds for back-up alternator system and 46.8 pounds for airconditioning. Add both together to get total system weight with alternator.

Looks like the alternator is optional

Hard to believe the CG only moves back 1"...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I used to fly a C-421 with an electric AC. The fun part was it could be left on for take off, which was really nice in Phoenix in the summer.

I was pretty excited.

Then I learned it was only for brand C.

Meh.

I was talking to a gentleman yesterday who'd had an electric AC installed in his 182. He said it worked beautifully, even here in Texas.

Anyone else had firsthand experience?

A few years ago I borrowed a 172 that had electric A/C, flew it from McKinney to Ardmore and back in late July.

I remember thinking at the time it was the nicest plane I had ever flown. :D

I was pretty excited.

Then I learned it was only for brand C.

Meh.

There is another one. CoolAir

http://www.aircenterinc.com/coolair_splash.php

Beech 95 Travelair
Beech Barons
Beech D-50 Twin Bonanza
Cessna 172R Air Conditioner STC SA09371SC
Cessna 182RG Air Conditioner STC SA10106SC
Cessna T206H Air Conditioner STC SA09576SC
Cessna 210L, M, N including turbo models
Cessna 310
Cessna T-303
Cheyenne III & IV - (Turbines)
DeHaviland Turbine Boss Beaver
Diamond DA-42 Twin Star
Piper PA-23-250F Model
Twin Commanders

Nice thing is you can plug in a power cart and pre-cool the plane.

You can plug in a power cart and pre cool the plane with kelly system as well. This is something since day of owning my 182 I have toyed with. I believe without the backup alternator it weighs 49Lbs. My problem is I've used that extra 49lbs more times than I think I wish I had the AC. The issue comes with the dam 182 landing weight (at least for my T model 150Lbs less than the takeoff weight). when trying to haul a bunch of stuff to the keys with enough IFR fuel to to get to a realistic alternate or close places when trying to go with a few friends for a short food hop. The 182 can be a 4 person plane a lot of the time, but on these shorter flights it would sometimes be impossible with that additional 49Lbs thats why I haven't gotten it yet.

However I met up with a gentlemen who had it installed. he took my in his airplane and it was amazing. it has a temperature adjustment so you can actually set the temperature like a modern car. The nice part as someone has already mentioned is you can use it all the time through takeoff and landing, which lets be real is when you want it most! hotter close to the ground with less ambient air flow. If i were to get a system it would be this one but I just have a hard time justifying the weight.

Back