Let's talk about Wranglers - The Sequel

Z06_Mir

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Radna
This is Rubi. I ordered her back in July and she arrived two days ago. After just two days I'm enjoying her immensely and I've put over 100 miles on her. Aside from buying used vehicles from Hubbard Auto Center of Scottsdale, this has been my absolute best car buying experience ever. Huge props to Prescott Brothers in Illinois for not only ordering the vehicle (with no deposit!) but shipping it to my office and dealing with MY bank on financing.

And at 2.08% interest, it's an awesome time to buy a car and borrow money.

11149550_10152985847706086_7669384075344488772_n.jpg

11231854_10152985847731086_7811240620393148546_n.jpg

11986308_10152985847596086_9120124873060639684_n.jpg

12036863_10152985847626086_3415062705132906955_n.jpg

What happened to the Caddy?

Never understood the allure. Driven several wranglers, family owned an XJ growing up, meh. Don't get me wrong, they're capable off-road, I just think they're over priced and noisy fuel pigs. I would just assume buy a dedicated off road beater (old wrangler, bronco, etc) and have something better for daily driving.

I will say the new Grand Cherokee is pretty sweet and rides well, but I've not heard positive reviews about its drivetrain reliability (usually electronics gremlins).

Never understood the allure. Driven several wranglers, family owned an XJ growing up, meh. Don't get me wrong, they're capable off-road, I just think they're over priced and noisy fuel pigs. I would just assume buy a dedicated off road beater (old wrangler, bronco, etc) and have something better for daily driving.

I will say the new Grand Cherokee is pretty sweet and rides well, but I've not heard positive reviews about its drivetrain reliability (usually electronics gremlins).

The allure is simple. They're fun.

Proper off road rigs, though I'm more of a straight 6 TJ guy. Also they hold their value very well.

Ugh. This is killing me. I traded my '12 JK a year ago for a Focus ST. I've been missing my jeep like crazy lately and actually went to 3 Jeep dealers this evening with my wife to look around (after they closed). This is no good for me. The JK was my 3rd wrangler over the years. I've had a '95 YJ, a 2000 TJ and the '12. I may end up with a new Willys edition soon...

Ugh. This is killing me. I traded my '12 JK a year ago for a Focus ST. I've been missing my jeep like crazy lately and actually went to 3 Jeep dealers this evening with my wife to look around (after they closed). This is no good for me. The JK was my 3rd wrangler over the years. I've had a '95 YJ, a 2000 TJ and the '12. I may end up with a new Willys edition soon...

Wait, they are coming out with a pickup.

We love our 07 JK, we tolerate the low gas millage because it tows so easy. We seldom run with the rear seat in, I haul my tool box there and the rest of the time we use that space as a trunk.

I had a '14 JKU Rubi stick that I got sold a couple months back. I enjoyed the car for what it symbolized to me -- freedom, off the beaten path, contrarian -- but I really, really disliked that engine and the transmission, or rather the fact that an otherwise good engine can't do much with a car weighing as much as the Wrangler did. Car had no passing power and really had to punch it to make the car do anything. I am glad to be out of it. I'll take another look at it when they come out with an aluminum body. That car needs to go on a diet of about 800-1000 pounds.

It's revenge for calling it a "car"... Jeeps are not "cars" ...well maybe the new ones are?

It's revenge for calling it a "car"... Jeeps are not "cars" ...well maybe the new ones are?

If you use it like a car at car speeds, it gives you all the space of a ford fiesta with the fuel economy of a chevy suburban.

It had heated seats and hill start assist...oh, and it also had a back up camera.

It definitely wasn't a "jeep."

The allure is simple. They're fun.

I can see the "fun", but it just doesn't do it for me. I suppose that's why it's a "Jeep thing that I wouldn't understand". Again, I think they look like tough vehicles (like the OP's Rubi), and are great for dragging along behind an RV for trips due to small footprint and high versatility. It just doesn't do it for me, personally. I'd get more smiles per mile out of a 60's Bronco or Scout, and about the same fuel mileage. To each their own, for sure.:)

If you use it like a car at car speeds, it gives you all the space of a ford fiesta with the fuel economy of a chevy suburban.

It had heated seats and hill start assist...oh, and it also had a back up camera.

ok ... yeah... sounds like a "car" ... :D

I'm sure we will settle this with a uniform consensus as quickly as we have settled the high-wing-versus-low-wing or the tailwheel-versus-nose-wheel arguments discussions.

And speaking of those other discussions, is a Jeep driver more likely to be a high-wing tailwheel flyer than a low wing nose wheel pilot?

I'm sure we will settle this with a uniform consensus as quickly as we have settled the high-wing-versus-low-wing or the tailwheel-versus-nose-wheel arguments discussions.

And speaking of those other discussions, is a Jeep driver more likely to be a high-wing tailwheel flyer than a low wing nose wheel pilot?

I'm a high-wing nosewheel owner but I'm also a tailwheel pilot. That settles that!

True. But neither the Fiesta nor Suburban let you run around with the top and doors removed.
(Yup, I've got a Rubicon.)

A backup camera on a wrangler?!

Man did I mangle the quotes up there! Not gonna even try to fix it.

Nice wrangler. I have an '06 tj with the 4.0 straight 6 6 speed manual. She purrs like a kitten and gets close to 18/19 mpg, not great but I'm happy with 31" tires. I love wilma!
Have fun with your new jeep and don't forget to WAVE!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yep, it's done. Bought a '15 2-door Sahara (Tank Green). for me, and a '15 JKU Sport (Hydro Blue) for the wife. His and hers Wranglers.

I'm a Hummer guy (drive an H3 Alpha and an H1) But I will admit I am a fan of those 4 door wranglers. Yours looks great. I saw they're coming out with the 4 door with the pickup bed for 2017....I'm almost getting tempted to acquire one...

Proper off road rigs, though I'm more of a straight 6 TJ guy. Also they hold their value very well.

And they always create good income when I part them out. (Just took in a 2006 Unlimited with hard top, hit in driver door, low miles, 4.0L, auto, 3.73 locking)

I'm a Hummer guy (drive an H3 Alpha and an H1) But I will admit I am a fan of those 4 door wranglers. Yours looks great. I saw they're coming out with the 4 door with the pickup bed for 2017....I'm almost getting tempted to acquire one...

I'll be shocked if the new "Scrambler" actually debuts for 2017. I'm guessing 2018 at the earliest. Too little "official" info for it to debut in roughly a year.

I have a GC srt that I had to drop off for some warranty work and they loaned me an unlimited. Big mistake. I had nothing against wranglers but never had the desire to own one. The unlimited is unlike any wrangler. I've been looking for a rubicon in tank green kind of half heartedly. After taking the srt hunting this past weekend I may need to start looking more seriously.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Persomally i never found jeeps all that appealing so when with 4x4 Xterra for less money and equal if not slightly better off road handling. Plus as a daily driver as well.

Can't take the top off an xterra

Can't take the top off an xterra

True but i am more interested in off roading than trying to look cool or work on a tan :lol::D

True but i am more interested in off roading than trying to look cool or work on a tan :D
I need all the help looking cool that I can get

True but i am more interested in off roading than trying to look cool or work on a tan :lol::D

I don't think you can compare a Nissan SUV like a xteara to a wrangler.

Yep, it's done. Bought a '15 2-door Sahara (Tank Green). for me, and a '15 JKU Sport (Hydro Blue) for the wife. His and hers Wranglers.

Shhhhh don't tell my fiance' or we will have his & hers Wranglers too! He hasn't driven mine yet but I'm positive he will love it.

Shhhhh don't tell my fiance' or we will have his & hers Wranglers too! He hasn't driven mine yet but I'm positive he will love it.
nah, one of you needs a land cruiser then you can have one more thing to argue about

You sound like there'S something wrong with suburbans.
Not sure about backup cameras. Another tech fix for a lazy assed American who cannot turn their head or teach their rug rats to stay off the driveway. And isn't cameras now mandated by the gov't?

Some days I miss mine

Attachments

• JPEG_000201.jpg
    JPEG_000201.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 13
Nice truck OP, I just bought a 2015 GC Overland with a Hemi. Traded in my 2008. I probably need my head examined because the 08 had a series of issues at 144,000 miles but I didn't like the other suvs out there. The new one is a sweet ride so far, I'm impressed with the 8 speed, sounds like I'm shifting the gears myself but you can't feel a thing other than the back seat pressing into you.

Not sure about backup cameras. Another tech fix for a lazy assed American who cannot turn their head or teach their rug rats to stay off the driveway. And isn't cameras now mandated by the gov't?
I love the camera on our sequoia. I can back up to the boat trailer and watch the hitch on the screen, stop in the perfect place the first time.

Back