You should live here

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/pac_ctnt_988/text/0,,HGTV_22056_57538,00.html

9 questions will tell you where your ideal city to live is. Burlington, Vermont is mine..i guess.
Aprils city was Miami. Where she has lived most of her life.
We flew up to Durango, Colorado this weekend to escape the heat that is Lake Havasu, Love the small town feel and the mountain views. Perhaps a visit to Burlington is in the future :)
So where should YOU live?

Not a single one of the questions had applicable answers. Guess I'm just going to have to decide on my own.

BTW, the best they could come up with is Lawrance, KS

Nope

Austin, TX.... I could definitely see that.

I got Austin, Texas too. Looks like Chris and I need to move!

Honolulu, circa 1920. 2nd place is an undisclosed atoll in the South Pacific. The only reason I'm not there already is because this white guy would (has) fry like a chicken under that sun. Squalmous cell anyone?

I got Austin, TX. Unfortunately, I don't think my ideal location exists. Near-constant VFR, trees, and lakes. It seems to me that the south west has the near-constant VFR, the east has the trees and lakes, but very rarely do the two meet. Maybe somewhere in the north-west, but I'm skeptical.

//When I find such a place, I'd name it Heaven.

A lot of the questions didn't have the answers I would have picked...

I got NYC. Washington is close enough.....

Boulder, CO? Ehhh, I don't think so.

My ideal place is on a really big plot of land in VT, with my own airstrip, and a pond big enough for a regulation rink. That's what I want. No neighbors.

The quiz blew it right about here: "QUIZ: Which U.S. city is right for you?"

City? There is NO city (US or anywhere else) that's right for me. I don't do cities unless forced to do so and then only under great protest.

Then the quiz blew it again by not having potential valid answers.

See y'all in Miami.... NOT! (too many compromise answers where my true choice wasn't offered....).

Boulder, CO! :D :D That works for me! :)
You'll have to leave your weapon locked at home, Mr. Lib. :D

Oh, and be prepared to pay $150-200/sqft for the cheapest home around not to mention the high tax rates. It cost money to buy up all that green space!

San Diego, CA for me. I really do like that place except for the traffic, high price of real estate, proximity to Mexico, lack of GA airports. But other than that, spot on ;)

San Diego, CA for me. I really do like that place except for the traffic, high price of real estate, proximity to Mexico, lack of GA airports. But other than that, spot on ;)

I'll trade you Miami for San Diego?

You'll have to leave your weapon locked at home, Mr. Lib. :D

Oh, and be prepared to pay $150-200/sqft for the cheapest home around not to mention the high tax rates. It cost money to buy up all that green space!
No, no, no, you misunderestimate me! :D THINKING about living in Boulder is good enough for me! I wouldn't live in town, anyway. Who lives in TOWN??? :no:

Lawrence, KS? Uh...yeah right. Nothing against Kansas, but I have been there and the lack of trees and flat land would KILL me.

I got San Diego too, and actually lived there for a while. The traffic and high cost of homes killed it for me, gone! Sure was fun and pretty, though.

I got San Diego too, and actually lived there for a while. The traffic and high cost of homes killed it for me, gone! Sure was fun and pretty, though.

Go over the border to Playa near the coast and west of Tijuana and that could be dooable. I am not sure about actually living in Mexico but a great many retirees form the US are moving there. It is sort of Sand Diego with cheap real estate.

It said San Diego. Now, I will admit that is as close to civilization as southern California has. However, the survey was flawed. It didn't provide the right answers as options on some of the questions (I didn't see 'go flying' as a choice anywhere!) and a CITY? For crying out loud, the last place I want to live is a CITY, anywhere! Small towns or in the country. Near an airport, of course.

I got Austin, TX. Unfortunately, I don't think my ideal location exists. Near-constant VFR, trees, and lakes. It seems to me that the south west has the near-constant VFR, the east has the trees and lakes, but very rarely do the two meet. Maybe somewhere in the north-west, but I'm skeptical.

//When I find such a place, I'd name it Heaven.

That sounds like Spokane, WA. At least, that's as close as I've seen to what you describe.

It put me in Boulder too. I suppose, I've heard Boulder and Madison are fairly similar. :dunno:

It said Austin Texas for me too....
I don't have the drawl needed to live there.
Y'all hear?..

But I think I see a theme here....
Some tycoon in Tx. has lots of property to develop outside the city limits.
Austin City Limits, that is... It is..... after all, from HGTV!

I too, found no real answers to choose from, and just picked one at random for most of the questions.

Dinner out is ..... Pizza??? ......really sophisticated tastes eh? :rofl: :dunno:

Burlington. I suspect that I got that only because Moscow, Idaho, wasn't a choice. Moscow and Burlington are pretty similar, so I guess I'm living in my ideal place! Yay!

Not that I didn't already know that.

Judy

That sounds like Spokane, WA. At least, that's as close as I've seen to what you describe.

It put me in Boulder too. I suppose, I've heard Boulder and Madison are fairly similar. :dunno:

It does sound like Spokane. I like that area. I had spent some time up there when I was in the Air Force and then later for business. I like staying down the road a piece from Spokane in Coure d'Alene. It is the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

Back