30 Years of Flying!

colojo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Colojo
This Saturday, August 29th, I will celebrate the 30th anniversary of earning my PPL. I passed my checkride at about 2pm on Thursday, August 29th, 1985 at Montgomery Field, San Diego (KMYF). I was 21 years old.

Here's a photo of me right after the checkride with a family friend. You can see I still had my game face on!

Joe%202001-09-21-023-XL.jpg

And here I am now, 30 years and 1,500 hours later:

IMG_3153-XL.jpg

Flying has definitely been one of the great joys of my life.

Congrats, I am just about to hit the 31 year mark myself! :D

Congrats!

Is that a BMW badge stuck to the cowling? Behind your right elbow...

Congrats!

Is that a BMW badge stuck to the cowling? Behind your right elbow...

Yes. My Mooney's paint job and interior were designed by BMW, but the badge was bootlegged onto the plane by a prior owner. There's no way Mooney would have blessed it because it sticks out into the slipstream! :)

Congrats, Colojo! Your post reminds me that I earned my PPL 10 years ago this month. Having the ability and privilege to fly has been great so far. I just wished I could control the weather.

Got mine March the same year at Clinton County Airport, Plattsburgh, NY... (not there anymore)

Color me jealous. I had to be well established in my career before I had disposable income on that level. Had my 10th anniversary a few years ago, I could hope to have my 30th and still be flying.

Congrats! Any idea if that archer is still flying?

Very cool. And beautiful airplane!

Congrats! Just hit 5 years this month.

That's Awesome!

The cigarettes coming out of the Ritz box is throwing me though.

Congrats! 1976 here.

I remember when we thought RNAV was the bee's knee's. :D

Congrats!! Roughly around the same number of years for me, but your Mooney is nicer than mine :)

Congrats...... Coming up on 20 myself.

Congratulation's, sounds like you have had a lot of fun. I'm coming up on 20years as pilot/owner.

The "Little Beech" as my wife would say, is slow, but fun to fly.

Last edited:
Back