Who would know?...

Thank heavens I'm married. Lord - it would take forever - I'd really worry about the dogs ... eventually they'd run out of ... food. :eek:

Thank heavens I'm married. Lord - it would take forever - I'd really worry about the dogs ... eventually they'd run out of ... food. :eek:

Not a far fetched as you might believe. I took a course in college about the topic of reviewing death scenes (liberal arts elective). We reviewed some pretty gory pictures. One was of a man who had died at home and was half eaten by his dogs. The first thing they went for was the fleshy parts without bones, then his thighs. Yuk!

Two days between night dispatcher begging me to work, flight school, cop neighbor and sheriff's deputy.

Oh, and maybe the Secret Service for the tricks I played on Hilary. :D

Right now while paying rent for my parking space where money and greed is of infinite importance above all else: Approximately 10*10^-50 milliseconds because late rent is verbotten.

Once I move where I want to go: Dinosaurs are young. India will run into Europe long before then.

ex-cop, here - and I didn't think it far-fetched in the least when I posted it! In fact, that's WHY I posted it!

And I wouldn't mind it a bit if it came to that - it'd be the last loving thing I could do for my guys! Luckily I'm not small, so they'd at least have a chance...

If I died while in front of the computer it would probably be 3 days before my wife would notice that I had not raided the fridge.

If I died while in front of the computer it would probably be 3 days before my wife would notice that I had not raided the fridge.

Now THAT's funny. :D

It'd be less than a day for me. One of my employees would call me and get worried when I didn't answer or call them back shortly. Either that, or my neighbors would call and complain about that awful smell coming from my house. I live in Texas after all... it wouldn't take long. Don't ask how I know. ;)

There was a dead, mummified lady in a house in the next block about four years ago. Estimated she had been dead over a year.

She was reclusive and strange, had always resisted neighbors' efforts to befriend her.

Spooky.

There was a man who went missing in our neighborhood a few years back. I live in a semi-rural area so seeing animals around is not uncommon and I do see vultures from time to time. Well I started noticing many and they were circling. I figured it was just a deer, I was wrong. It was the missing guy and he was in the drainage area across the street. A little too far to smell anything though.

What scares me is how kids go missing from a family and no one notices. Fox News had a story tonight on an arrest of a father in California. He claimed his daughter got upset over a cookie issue and walked away. She would have been mid-four at the time. That was eighteen months ago. Now, cops believe she has been missing since she was three-years-old, perhaps three years ago.

As I was trying to find a link to this story, I saw several others.

I read somewhere that most dogs will almost starve themselves to death before they'd eat a dead owner. A cat, on the other hand, will barely wait until you're cold.

I did some research and it seems that statement was made by a forensic scientist in New Orleans. While a dog would wait several days before eating a body, a cat would only eat one or two. The cat-apologetic site I pulled this from explains that dogs are more omnivorous than cats, therefore the dogs have more options than cats. Also, cats are naturally a scavenger animal, and naturally fall into a clean up role.

I still like dogs better.

Hey, if I was dead and my dog or cat was starving, let 'em chow down. I don't need the husk anyway.

I know for SURE there'd be several people looking for me on the 1st or the 15th of whatever month I went missing. :yes: But with four German Shepherds it's hard to know if they would find me or not. :dunno:

I think Leslie would probably notice that I wasn't posting here and would come looking for me. And the cat is welcome to my remains! :)

I'm sure my dogs would eat me before my wife comes home from work.:eek:

Back