DC-3 Flights in the ATL

EppyGA

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Let's Fly
For all of the ATL area folks or those nearby that want to fly in, EAA Chapter 690 will be hosting the DC-3 of Ron Alexander the weekend of September 26th & 27th. We will have rides available from 9:00am - 5:00pm each day. Tickets will be $75 for adults, $50 for children 17 and under and children 2 and under ride in a parents lap for free. We will be located on the south ramp near The Flying Machine. The Flying Machine will offer a 10% discount for those two days when you show your ticket.

Along with the DC-3 we will have a Fish Fry dinner on Saturday the 26th beginning at 6:30pm. We will have the Pin-Up Dolls, http://www.pinupsforheroes.com/, for entertainment during and after dinner. Advance tickets for dinner are $15 per person and $20 at the door. This dinner is to commemorate the chapter's 35th anniversary.

More information on both events and link to purchase tickets online are at www.ridethedc3.com

There was a DC3 sitting on the ramp of the little airport where I bought the Mooney. There was another at the little airport where we got the transponder certified. Only DC3 I ever saw up here was in a Museum (Oshkosh notwithstanding).

Heck yeah, I'm in! Got to right seat in the Ford when it was here, so maybe I can work that out in the DC-3 as well? :)

Did you buy your Mooney at Fremont (14G)? They used to have two of them there, one out front and one ain a specially constructed hangar.

Yeah, so I heard. I think they're the only ones who do, too.

There are a few places that still do them. In addition to Dan Gryder, there is Aerometal in OR, and Greatest Generation at FTW and I believe there are at least one or two other museums that can do it.

Did you buy your Mooney at Fremont (14G)? They used to have two of them there, one out front and one ain a specially constructed hangar.

No, I was at OPN. Might've landed at Freemont though, I landed lots of airports. Thank goodness you Georgians have so many. Never saw so many grass strips either.

No, I was at OPN. Might've landed at Freemont though, I landed lots of airports. Thank goodness you Georgians have so many. Never saw so many grass strips either.
How about them rock quarries, too.

You just weren't looking close enough. North of OPN and south of ATL there are a boatload of them. Kind of hard to spot if you aren't paying attention.

Back