cheap car gas in central MO?

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
so it looks like I'll likely be going to chips BBQ on saturday, leaving from Green Castle (IA24) just south of Cedar Rapids (CID), Iowa. be flying a mighty 150 with a car gas conversion. anyone know of cheap car gas on the way? chip-does bentonville sell car gas?

[SIZE=+2]KFYV[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]21 S[/SIZE] Drake Field Airport Fayetteville, AR. Has Auto fuel for $2.85

fayetville is futher than bentonville, i think. out of range for a 150 methinks. monroe city doesnt show mogas on airnav, but dang their 100LL is only 2.85 so maybe ill just stop there. unless i can find somewhere cheap further south. so i can depart iowa, land there, get gas, go to bentonville, then get back to there, fill up again, then back to iowa. thanks for the help.

well the price was updated yesterday greg. either way ill figure something out.

boy an applet with a sectional or WAC chart where you hovered over the airport and it displayed the price of gas would sure be nice...

boy an applet with a sectional or WAC chart where you hovered over the airport and it displayed the price of gas would sure be nice...

So would a feed of the gas prices and comments on airnav.com to XM weather subscribers.

oh boy we're just getting carried away now!

well after a whole lot of trial and error it looks like Mexico, MO has Mogas for 2.49. maybe i should take some containers and get some for my car too...

splits the trip just shy of the midpoint. probably a good idea to let leah stretch her legs.

Well, here in Columbia and Fulton gas is $3.15.9 on the street. Sux to be driving a 19mpg S-10 Extreme.:(

yea i get a little over 20 mpg in my car. gas is right around the 3.15 mark in most of iowa. and of course ill probably put around 1000 miles on this month between everywhere. good thing i start a real paying job in a week.

well after a whole lot of trial and error it looks like Mexico, MO has Mogas for 2.49. maybe i should take some containers and get some for my car too...

Well, ya know, that stuff in Mexico can be cheap but it might not be the best quality. ;) :rofl:

Feeding my Chevy PU and (not quite as bad) Impala SS has made me decide to get a new car in 2008. I am looking at the (to be introduced) 2008 VW Jetta with its new (joint venture between VW and Mercedes Benz) 2.0L turbo diesel. 140 HP and 238lb tq gettig (a real) 43mpg Hwy and 38mpg city. Its also going to be 50 state legal.

Gas at the pumps just went to 3.49 here today. 100LL is 3.19 at the field. Can you say legalized rape?

splits the trip just shy of the midpoint. probably a good idea to let leah stretch her legs.

Call ahead to check on availability at Mexico, Tony. I landed in Mexico unexpectedly on the way back from Bama to find a completely locked up office and all facilities. Not even access to a phone or phone number posted if one really needed some help.

Just FYI..

thanks chris, will try to give them a ring tomorrow.

looking again at Airnav, they show a 24 hr credit card thingymabob for getting gas. was this not the case when you came through Chris? how recently?

looking again at Airnav, they show a 24 hr credit card thingymabob for getting gas. was this not the case when you came through Chris? how recently?

Last October while coming back from the AU-FLA game. We got north of Mexico and hit weather and turned around and landed there to check weather and regroup. Everything was locked up as far as we could tell. We weren't in search of fuel, so I didn't research that aspect at all.

Back