Should have kept my mouth shut

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
As some of you know I am being tansferred in June and relocating over by Diana and Tom. A local pilot found out and said he would save me the trouble of moving my plane and wanted to buy it. So I mouthed off a price to him and now he wants a pre-buy done. (Should have priced it higher) So it looks like I may be in the market for airplane #3. (I'm starting to feel like Ken Ibold) :D
So if it does sell, I will be looking for one of the following.
Citabria, Starduster II, Acrosport, Skybolt or simular.
This one is going to be more of a toy than a XC airplane and will be flown out of a 2600" grass strip. So if any of you hear of a good buy, let me know.

As some of you know I am being tansferred in June and relocating over by Diana and Tom. A local pilot found out and said he would save me the trouble of moving my plane and wanted to buy it. So I mouthed off a price to him and now he wants a pre-buy done. (Should have priced it higher) So it looks like I may be in the market for airplane #3. (I'm starting to feel like Ken Ibold) :D
This one is going to be more of a toy than a XC airplane and will be flown out of a 2600" grass strip. So if any of you hear of a good buy, let me know.
Wow, that was quick!

Someone from El Dorado Springs, MO just posted their Citabria for sale on the Citabria site:

If anyone is interested or knows someone interested I am selling my 68
7eca. $36500 150hrs SMOH and climbing she flys almost daily, including
prop, wings rebuilt, complete paint and new leather, new glass icom
200, transponder and much more.... Red and white, I think there is a
pic or two in the picture section (mike and pams). We just returned
from Sun-n-Fun and she flew flawless from MO to FL and back. My family
has grown and I need a 4 seater (ouch! hard to admit). I think I have
found a Velocity I can finish and meet "our" needs for a few years. I
will miss the FUN! of the citabria. And then there is that whole nose
gear thing....
Thanks

Dean, I'll send you the guys name and number if you're interested.

Wow, that was quick!

Someone from El Dorado Springs, MO just posted their Citabria for sale on the Citabria site:

If anyone is interested or knows someone interested I am selling my 68
7eca. $36500 150hrs SMOH and climbing she flys almost daily, including
prop, wings rebuilt, complete paint and new leather, new glass icom
200, transponder and much more.... Red and white, I think there is a
pic or two in the picture section (mike and pams). We just returned
from Sun-n-Fun and she flew flawless from MO to FL and back. My family
has grown and I need a 4 seater (ouch! hard to admit). I think I have
found a Velocity I can finish and meet "our" needs for a few years. I
will miss the FUN! of the citabria. And then there is that whole nose
gear thing....
Thanks

Dean, I'll send you the guys name and number if you're interested.

Sounds good, but is it a 150HP? at my size I don't want less than that. Send me a PM with his number if it is.

We have a Citabria for sale here.

The Saratoga, too.

Guy made me an offer on the 170 the other day without my ever having met him, he just saw it on the airstrip. Decisions, decisions...I thought it was a buyer's market :confused: Might actually be good timing, I'm considering relocating to an area where a floatplane would be a better fit for me.

As someone else said to me last week, my plane is always for sale, depending on the price :yes:

Guy made me an offer on the 170 the other day without my ever having met him, he just saw it on the airstrip. Decisions, decisions...I thought it was a buyer's market :confused: Might actually be good timing, I'm considering relocating to an area where a floatplane would be a better fit for me.

As someone else said to me last week, my plane is always for sale, depending on the price :yes:

Sell the 170 and get this

1956 DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver

$425,000

AFTT 14007.5
Engine TT 7625.8 TSOH 0.0
Prop TT 2879.4 TSOH 0.0
All A.D.'s have been complied with

Exterior: Extended baggage, Edo 4930 Floats

Instrumentation:

Garmin GMA340 Audio Panel
Garmin GNS430 GPS/NAV/COM
King KY196A Comm
Garmin GNS430 GPS/NAV/COM

Interior:
Vinyl Interior seats
3-Place bench seat, Sling back seat
Military floor
6 place Intercom system
2 Bose Headset jacks
Music Input
Astron 28v-14v Power converter with Aux power plug.
Equipment:

Sealand Extended Baggage kit with Alaska door
Wing Tip Tanks
Most Kenmore Air Beaver Modifications installed

Contact Information:
Rob Richey, Director of Service

1-800-543-9595, ext. 2203
robr@KenmoreAir.com

Attachments

• N57576_ext1s.jpg
    N57576_ext1s.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 27
  • N57576_ext2s.jpg
    N57576_ext2s.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 25
  • N57576_int1s.jpg
    N57576_int1s.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 33
  • N57576_int2s.jpg
    N57576_int2s.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 23
Theres a couple pretty airplanes in the OK, MO area on barnstormers.com

I liked the Christian Eagle in Castle, OK.

Lets hear more.

Ummmm.....It's a red Citabria.

I'd have to look at the particulars. I know the two partners that own it. One was one of my CFIs. He's a fire captain in the burbs. I once watched the other partner make an exellent landing in a roaring 90 degree crosswind...I had just done the same. Anythign else? :D

I'll get you a phone number.

Well the new owner came and claimed is airplane today, so the hunt for a new one will start in about six months. We have picked out our lot at the Woodfield airpark, met with the banker and contractor. If all goes well, we hope to break ground by the middle of June. I have the bid for the hangar(48x40) which came in just short of $12K and will have it put up right after the house is finished. So once we get moved in, we will have an open house fly-in.

Well the new owner came and claimed is airplane today, so the hunt for a new one will start in about six months. We have picked out our lot at the Woodfield airpark, met with the banker and contractor. If all goes well, we hope to break ground by the middle of June. I have the bid for the hangar(48x40) which came in just short of $12K and will have it put up right after the house is finished. So once we get moved in, we will have an open house fly-in.
Now THAT sounds like a good time. Hurry up! We need a good fly-in round these parts...

Dean, a buddy of mine over at JWN will be selling his Pitts Special in about 2-3 months as his wife bought him a new aerobatic plane. If interested PM me and I'll send you his info.

Reminds me of an exchange in the movie "Heaven Can Wait"

Football Team Owner: "Farnsworth asked me what I wanted for the team, I said $50 Million, and he said "OK".

FTO Croney: "Ruthless bastard!"

I saw a Citabria for sale in the Omaha paper this weekend. I don't see it on their website...and I'm not sure if it's also listed in the usual places online. Something like 2500 TT and 200+ SMOH if I recall correctly.

Back