Gaston's Fly In 2015 - October 8-11th

GASTON'S OCTOBER 2015 ROSTER

Name.................Tail Number...Model...........Arr/Dep......Sat BBQ, #.....Side dish?
Troy & Teresa W......N5423S........Cessna TR182....Thu/Sun......Yes, 2.........BRISKET! MEAT!

Lance & Sue F........,N57039.........Mooney M20J.....Fri/Sun.......Yes,2..........Hors d'oevres

Name.................Tail Number...Model...........Arr/Dep......Sat BBQ, #.....Side dish?
Troy & Teresa W......N5423S........Cessna TR182....Thu/Sun......Yes, 2.........BRISKET! MEAT!

Lance & Sue F........,N57039.........Mooney M20J.....Fri/Sun.......Yes,2..........Hors d'oevres
Spike Cutler.........N7892R.......Beechcraft Bonanza........Thurs/Sun.....yes!......1.......?

Well, that idea did not survive first contact with higher authority. My wife kindly reminded me that I had previously agreed to her trip that same weekend. Payback from my aborted Waco Club reunion.

Hopefully next year.

Argh. We would LOVE to sample Troy's brisket, but we will be in Europe, celebrating 30 years together!

congratulations_on_your_first_solo_flight_pilot_card-r7395cf5bae7742c4ad8853674be039d0_xvuak_8byvr_512.jpg

Seriously, that is quite an accomplishment, especially in this day and age.

Troy; is our block of cabins still active? If so, what is the range of numbers so I can make sure to be on the correct end of the row.

Spike Cutler.........N7892R.......Beechcraft Bonanza........Thurs/Sun.....yes!......1.......?
Mike Farlow.........N55WB........Cessna 182P.......Thur/Sun......Yes, 1........Will contribute something

Troy; is our block of cabins still active? If so, what is the range of numbers so I can make sure to be on the correct end of the row.

When you call, ask them where I am. We're up by the pool. Same cabin we had last year. I forget the number.

Alright

Mike Farlow.........N55WB........Cessna 182P.......Thur/Sun......Yes, 1........Will contribute something
Bryan Turner.........N25MV........Cirrus SR22.......Fri/Sat......Yes, 2 (I think)........Homebrew and some sort of meat.

Also Possibly some vegetables from the garden, and a nice center piece for the table. Perhaps a flower arrangement of sorts and a beget. Some nudie magazines, a guitar and a gently used chinchilla, 2 Furries, and my entire collection of LSD. I am going to need a lift from the paved field over to the grass strip and since Ron left, I will pay you for the flight (That was mean. I like Ron). But we will have a common purpose (The chinchilla)

Re: Gaston's Fly In 2015 - October 8-11

I'll be there with Tim if I'm not stuck in Houston training. At the very least I might need one of yall to fly and pick me up at a local commerical field, most likely XNA.

If I am off a few days early I'll try and get a plane to fly up.

Alright....
Possibly some vegetables from the garden, and a nice center piece for the table. Perhaps a flower arrangement of sorts and a beget. Some nudie magazines, a guitar and a gently used chinchilla, 2 Furries, and my entire collection of LSD. I am going to need a lift from the paved field over to the grass strip and since Ron left, I will pay you for the flight (That was mean. I like Ron). But we will have a common purpose (The chinchilla)

Bwahahahahaha! This is going to be a fun trip. I foresee lots of late night laughter ahead.

What day(s) will most people be there? Little rock is a short hop to Gastons so I'll be there- just not sure about staying the night...

brian];1837887 said:
What day(s) will most people be there? Little rock is a short hop to Gastons so I'll be there- just not sure about staying the night...

Saturday's usually the best day to fly in if you're just making one day of it and want to meet the most people. Friday afternoon would be the next best.

Count me in for Saturday. ..

Brian (maybe norene). N4550V. Beechcraft -35. Sat. Yes on the bbq. 1 (maybe 2). Let me know on the side dish- consider me as the last minute backup plan.

If my wife attends, she will bring her own not meat patty- yep, married to a left leaning liberal. (ok, not really, but she is a vegetarian but as a whiskey drinking woman, I've got a good catch;) )

Great Brian! I edited the list and added you. Also cleaned up some spacing and such for future posters.

Name.................Tail Number...Model...............Arr/Dep......Sat BBQ, #.......Side dish?
Troy & Teresa W......N5423S........Cessna TR182........Thu/Sun......Yes, 2...........BRISKET! MEAT!
Lance & Sue F........N57039........Mooney M20J.........Fri/Sun......Yes, 2...........Hors d'oevres
Spike Cutler.........N7892R........Beechcraft Bonanza..Thurs/Sun....Yes!, 1..........?
Mike Farlow..........N55WB.........Cessna 182P.........Thur/Sun.....Yes, 1...........Will contribute something
Bryan Turner.........N25MV.........Cirrus SR22.........Fri/Sat......Yes, 2 (I think).Homebrew and some sort of meat.
Brian (maybe norene).N4550V........Beechcraft -35. ....Sat..........Yes, 1 (maybe 2).veggie meat?

My wife, our little one and myself are thinking about going but landing the Viking on grass isn't really recommended. Would someone be willing help with a hop over from one of the local paved airports?

My wife, our little one and myself are thinking about going but landing the Viking on grass isn't really recommended. Would someone be willing help with a hop over from one of the local paved airports?

A hope shouldn't be a problem, but I've seen one for sure (and been in that one) and possibly a second that has landed there with no issue. Ask Letsgoflying on here about it, he's been in there a few times with his Viking.

Guess I should've asked first... Is it even a kid friendly event? :)

Yes. Though, keep them away from anyone with a B or T in their names.

A hope shouldn't be a problem, but I've seen one for sure (and been in that one) and possibly a second that has landed there with no issue. Ask Letsgoflying on here about it, he's been in there a few times with his Viking.

Yes. Though, keep them away from anyone with a B or T in their names.
Great. We're booked from Thursday to Sunday. We'll be coming from OZS, about 45 min north in MO (or UGN) near Chicago. We can fly into Mountain home. I'll gladly cover our pro rata share. (And/or buy you a beer). :)

Looking at the names on the list then the little one will be running around Mike all weekend then.

What else is needed for the BBQ? What can we bring?

Name.................Tail Number...Model...............Arr/Dep......Sat BBQ, #.......Side dish?
Troy & Teresa W......N5423S........Cessna TR182........Thu/Sun......Yes, 2...........BRISKET! MEAT!
Lance & Sue F........N57039........Mooney M20J.........Fri/Sun......Yes, 2...........Hors d'oevres
Spike Cutler.........N7892R........Beechcraft Bonanza..Thurs/Sun....Yes!, 1..........?
Mike Farlow..........N55WB.........Cessna 182P.........Thur/Sun.....Yes, 1...........Will contribute something
Bryan Turner.........N25MV.........Cirrus SR22.........Fri/Sat......Yes, 2 (I think).Homebrew and some sort of meat.
Brian (maybe norene).N4550V........Beechcraft -35. ....Sat..........Yes, 1 (maybe 2).veggie meat?
Tim................. N5057D........C182A ..... ........Fri/Sun......Yes, 1........ ..Choc Mocha Ice Cream

Jimmie/Kate J....N14728....Super Viking.....Thur/Sun.....Yes,3....bacon wrapped shrimp?

Jimmie/Kate J....N14728....Super Viking.....Thur/Sun.....Yes,3....bacon wrapped shrimp?

Bacon wrapped shrimp should NEVER be followed by a question mark.
Only an exclamation point

Say - has anyone grilled sweet potatoes before? Good enough for an exclamation point!

Tim................. N5057D........C182A ..... ........Fri/Sun......Yes, 1........ ..Choc Mocha Ice Cream
Jimmie/Kate J....... N14728....... Super Viking....... Thur/Sun.... Yes,3........... bacon wrapped shrimp?
Kent & Kelsey ...... N97ST ....... Mooney M20R ....... Fri/Sun .... Yes, 2 ......... Consult my personal chef. ;)

Oh, man, it's gonna be fun!

So in a twist of schedules....

Mrs. 6PC bailed due to scheduling issues.
There was a negotiation and my saint of a wife is keeping the kids.

I believe KenJr is planning on driving/flying up from Georgetown to my place.
I also believe David White and his lady are flying into DFW.

This is all subject to change if anyone finds better offers or has schedule issues but it looks like at this point the 4 of us are flying down together.

I just checked and it looks like we have beverage service on our flight and a hefty useful load. How much does a keg weigh?
Also we're gonna need to pee when we land.

This is all subject to change if anyone finds better offers or has schedule issues but it looks like at this point the 4 of us are flying down together.

Also we're gonna need to pee when we land.

Especially if you "fly down". That's the long way around. 3M0 is north of DFW!

Just carry a few empties... Worked in the army...

Back