This is where I work...

Hmm ..... dull grey... lifeless environment... Numbered support poles, must work very very late....

WOW !!! What a great job!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :no:

It had better pay enough to afford Psychoanalysis and flight time too!:yes:

hahahaha!

The cubicle madness and greyness reminds me of Comcast....I don't miss that.

Very funny skit though.

I already knew that prairie dog land was an absurdity. Don' cha hate it when somebody from the outside comes and gives their unwanted perspective. :D

BTw, thety just moved my desk to the ter building same floor. I got lost finding my new cube.

It's nowhere near as long of a space as that one. They couldn't have put in some open extra wide aisles every 100 feet or so? Sheeesh!

I guess with the cost of California real estate...:dunno:

Last edited:
So which cube belongs to Dilbert?

Scott Adams worked for Pac Bell, not Intel. But, the idea is the same.

The skit was shot in Santa Clara. The office building (which houses the museum) is RNB, Robert Noyce Building. And he got to see a fab. I've worked for Intel for 12 years and have yet to be in one. I work in DuPont, Washington, but a cubicle farm is a cubicle farm. My location? DP2-3-F7. That's building DP2 (DuPont 2), 3rd floor, pole F7. My neighbor was watching this video at the same time I was and he was totally losing it. Skit? No, documentary.

I don't stay up for Conan, but when he takes over for Leno it might not be so bad if this is any indication of his work.

Ghery:

On several occasions over the years at my camera store I had the pleasure of a customer whose generosity to the State of Maine is nearly unfathomable. Over 50 million dollars in donations supported the arts, education, and so much more. And after her death, and the largest Will ever probated in Maine -- her charitable grace continues to give through the foundation she created.

I'm certain you're ahead of me in realizing that lady was Elizabeth "Betty" Noyce, whose former(and late) husband was Robert Noyce, whose accomplishments in life were so much more than being a "chip off the old block." Betty lived about 35 miles from my location.

HR

Hahaha. Too funny. Well .. unless of course you have to work in that environment. I wouldn't last the first day.
Ah, you get used to it ... about the same way I imagine an inmate gets used to his cell ...

come to think about it, I think an inmate's cell is bigger than my cube ...

IN PRISON: You spend the majority of your time in a 10X10 cell.
AT WORK: You spend the majority of your time in an 8X8 cubicle.

IN PRISON: You get three meals a day.
AT WORK: You get a break for one meal and you have to pay for it.

IN PRISON: You get time off for good behavior.
AT WORK: You get more work for good behavior.

IN PRISON: The guard locks and unlocks all the doors for you.
AT WORK: You must often carry a security card and open all the doors for yourself.

IN PRISON: You can watch TV and play games.
AT WORK: You could get fired for watching TV and playing games.

IN PRISON: You get your own toilet.
AT WORK: You have to share the toilet with some people who pee on the seat.

IN PRISON: They allow your family and friends to visit.
AT WORK: You aren’t even supposed to speak to your family.

IN PRISON: All expenses are paid by the taxpayers with no work required.
AT WORK: you get to pay all your expenses to go to work, and they deduct taxes from your salary to pay for prisoners.

IN PRISON: You spend most of your life inside bars wanting to get out.
AT WORK: You spend most of your time wanting to get out and go inside bars.

IN PRISON: You must deal with sadistic wardens.
AT WORK: They are called managers.

Figures...

youtube said:
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by NBC Universal

The video has been pulled due to copyright issues with NBC. Sigh.

Yeah, I heard. We lost our link to it at work for the same reason. For those of you who missed it, it was screamingly funny to those of us who work for Intel. Humor has to have a bit of truth to work, and that was dead on.

We gotta find out what narcotic they have been putting in the water at business schools.

• NBC doesn't want you to know how funny Conan is because you might watch his show.
  • The recording industry just convinced the Copyright board to make it impossible to play music online. They want to charge like $nn per day per listener. Imagine if broadcast radio had to pay like that. Even NPR would be prevented from playing music that might leak out over the web.
  • The recording industry is suing kids who have music on their computers. They're suing the very demographic that is their biggest customer, telling them to stop using their product.
  • The recording industry and the movie industry requires technology to make it harder fro their customer to use the product.
  • The movie industry just claimed it is the exclusive owner of one given 128 bit integer and threatens to sue anybody who publishes it.
  • The movie industry designed teh DVD standard so customer who OWN teh DVD player are not allowed to skip past teh commericals or previews on the DVD they also OWN.
  • Disney just made a deal with Cox cable that customers cannot fast forward past the ads in Disney content on Video on Demand, a service the customer PAYS FOR.

This are welcome to Bizzaro World.

Last edited:
Not trying to make this a political post but I do have to wonder. I keep hearing MSNBC put such a left bias on the South Carolina debates, there was very little credibility. I didn't watch either debate so I really don't know; I work at night.

What if videos of the more left-leaning candidates were posted online? Especially segments that gave the best side of the candidate? How long might NBC allow them to last? That could be an interesting experiment.

Back