Local fly-ins

UngaWunga

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
UngaWunga
Sorry, not another cat-in-the-wing thread... :lol:

You guys have any suggestions on how to find out about local fly-ins? The ones I come across seem to be random luck. Like the upcoming ultra-light fly-in in Greenland, NH. I sometimes see a flyer in the FBO of my local airport, or someone mentions one to me. Are there any sites where people advertise them?

Anyone know of good ones coming up in the NE?

Fun Places to Fly has a list of events, AOPA has a list, and here on POA. A lot of airports and airport businesses have facebook pages and those contain a lot of flyers for fly-ins as well.

Some of the state aeronautics departments have website listings of flyins. I know Michigan does, and Montana has a monthly newsletter with flyins in it.

What is this ultralight fly-in you speak of? I'm in the same boat and not that far. Always looking for a fun place to go.

Saturday I just happened to go to Fitchburg for lunch and there was a Young Eagles Day going on. Lots of activity. Fun to see an airport getting lots of use and tons of kids enjoying it. But I had no idea until I got there.

The EAA also maintains a list of events you can search by distance from your zip code. The last time I checked though it was a list with nothing in it. I normally use social flight and input from my local chapter of the state's pilot association.

What is this ultralight fly-in you speak of? I'm in the same boat and not that far. Always looking for a fun place to go.

Saturday I just happened to go to Fitchburg for lunch and there was a Young Eagles Day going on. Lots of activity. Fun to see an airport getting lots of use and tons of kids enjoying it. But I had no idea until I got there.

http://www.yankeeultralights.com/flyin.php

Cool place. Wonder if they'd let me get the 172 in there. :lol:
I've seen the Hampton J3s in there. And a Cherokee.

Makes no sense. There's no central thing to search there. Sure, if you know the facebook site for a specific airport, you can see what's going on there. But it doesn't show you what's going on in an area. Besides, I dumped fb years ago.

Wow. What an annoying site to use....

Edit: found the list view. Man, that map view is useless....

I actually use the email list and the iPad app. Mostly the list they email out...

[...] Man, that map view is useless....

Just select on top of the window the time period and the type of event you are interested in. All airfields which meet the selected criteria will then show as a black plane in a yellow circle. Click on one and you'll see a list of the events at this airfield.

See attachment - I have set the marker to you home base and selected all events in the next 60 day. I have also attached screenshot of what it looks like, after you clicked on one of the airfields with events. Then, click on the event(s) and you'll get a list with details.

Attachments

• SocialFlight1.jpg
    SocialFlight1.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 8
  • SocialFlight2.jpg
    SocialFlight2.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 7
Back