What Aussies are on this forum?

Goflying

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Goflying
Hey All,

I only just found this forum and boy am I loving it. Its a great relief to see people who treat others with respect on forums and who also share their knowledge in a non arrogant way.

Anyways are there any Aussies on the forum and where and what aircraft do you fly?

I myself am a new Recreational pilot (lsa) from Canberra with lots to learn. Most of my training was in the Jabiru J-120 but I have also flown the J-170 and J-230 and a few other ga types from time to time.

I also have an aviation podcast over here which can be found at:

http://www.goflying.net/

It focuses on general and recreational aviation.

Cheers
Adam

Hi Adam,

I am not aware of any Aussies on this board.

I think the nearest thing we have is an American (from the Peoria, Illinois Area), living in Austraila. :)

Sorry

Flav

Hey All,

I only just found this forum and boy am I loving it. Its a great relief to see people who treat others with respect on forums and who also share their knowledge in a non arrogant way.

Anyways are there any Aussies on the forum and where and what aircraft do you fly?

I myself am a new Recreational pilot (lsa) from Canberra with lots to learn. Most of my training was in the Jabiru J-120 but I have also flown the J-170 and J-230 and a few other ga types from time to time.

I also have an aviation podcast over here which can be found at:

http://www.goflying.net/

It focuses on general and recreational aviation.

Cheers
Adam

There have been a couple, but none active currently. I posted here when I flew out of Moorabin and Lillydale. Worked a fire out of Morewell for a week once.

I flew my girlfriend's M.D. dad out to communities for LOCUM in an A-36 or a straight tail Lance, and did fire in an M-18. Couple things I liked about flying in Aus: First, every plane pretty much is for rent. Sad reality of the high cost, but really, makes for a better use of the resources, besides, planes like to fly. I could have rented a Navajo, no worries.
The other is the "press of weather" clause in all the clearances.

Thanks. That's cool that you got to live and fly over here. Sounds like you had some fun.

That's an interesting point about lots of aircraft bring available to rent. I assume lots of people are trying to defray the maintenance costs by renting.

I know what you mean regarding the expense of flying ga over here. That's why I went down the recreational (lsa) route. I could not fathom paying more than $300 an hour for dual plus landing fees, movement charges etc. Maybe one day I will try and convert to a ppl though cause I really want to learn to fly in cta but there is alot of class g over here one can use.

Also what's an M-18?

Yeah that's me, a temporary tasmanian, going back to america toward the end of this year. Flying a king air 90 and occasionally a 210 while down here. You can find several australians on beechtalk

Thanks. That's cool that you got to live and fly over here. Sounds like you had some fun.

That's an interesting point about lots of aircraft bring available to rent. I assume lots of people are trying to defray the maintenance costs by renting.

I know what you mean regarding the expense of flying ga over here. That's why I went down the recreational (lsa) route. I could not fathom paying more than $300 an hour for dual plus landing fees, movement charges etc. Maybe one day I will try and convert to a ppl though cause I really want to learn to fly in cta but there is alot of class g over here one can use.

Also what's an M-18?

M-18 Dromader, Poland made 900hp/750gallon Ag plane. I worked in Ringwood/Melbourne building the Cobra LSA/RA planes for a while. Luckily LOCUM paid all the air services costs for 75% of the flying I did, and the rest didn't have any. I think RA is the only way I would be flying down there for personal use.

I'd guess that forums for type clubs (Beechtalk, COPA, etc.) are more likely to have participants from Australia and other countries.

I am here. Lived in WY for a few years.
Home is Melbourne and aerobatics is what I do.

Regards,
Dave P.

Last edited:
Met him at Coldstream about 15 years ago, he had a Decathlon, haven't seen him for ages.

You need to try the "Pilots of Australia" forum.

Closest I came was flying a 172 around Australia (good ol' VH-UGK) for two weeks.

Back