Density altitude app- IPhone

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
Just wondering if anyone uses an app for DA and if so, which one for the iPhone.
Would you recommend the one you use or not?
Thanks

Well, since it can be calculated from within WingXPro7, I have not looked elsewhere.

Plus, my Dynon D10A will compute it for me if I input altimeter setting and temperature.

An E6B app would be pretty cool though.

I'm thinkin' Jesse's app covers that. It's so simple though that even my transponder calculates it for me. :D

Garmin GTX 330 has OAT and displays DA on the screen.

Found the manual online.

OAT/DALT: Displayed when the GTX 330 is configured with temperature input. Displays Outside Air Temperature and Density Altitude.

Just wondering if anyone uses an app for DA and if so, which one for the iPhone.
Thanks

MyE6B is a pretty nice app and includes a DA calulation.
I don't remember how much it was ($9.99?) but i don't regret buying it.

I have bagelboy DA Free app for my Samsung phone... don't know if there's an apple version, but I use it to check b4 heading to the airport... Pretty neat little app.

I use something called myE6b. Kinda cheesy but does most of the DA and Wind/TAS calcs.

I also have an app that renders a picture of an E6B you can actually spin the wheel around ,etc ....

Thanks
I used to have one -- but with almost every airport having an AWOS reporting the D.A., I stopped using it. I can't remember the last airport I landed at without an AWOS or ATIS, or one very nearby.

That's possible, but the one's I've seen display pressure altitude.

Does yours really have a temperature input to calculate DA?

Just to answer your question, the 330 gets air data from the Aspen.

Last edited:
I have the Sporty's E6B. It works pretty well on my iPhone 6.

Maybe I am missing it, where in Foreflight is it?
I knew it should be there, but I don't see it. I use an E6 B now.
Thanks

Right in METAR for the airport. Last line I think.

However, Sporty EB6 has the calculator as well

Back