2015 Wings of Hope Raffle

Nope I didn't and I didn't receive a call either. Maybe next year..

Last year, the drawing date was 7/12, I was notified by email 7/15. Anne said she had tried to call several times since the date of the raffle, but it just rang and rang (I never got the calls).

I wonder how quickly after the drawing they make the initial phone call.

I can answer that. They call pretty quickly. Drawing was 1pm Missouri time I believe? My phone rang at an indicated 1:30pm Missouri time.

I did indeed. Most surreal phone call of my life. I was in the (large international) airport terminal picking up a friend when I got the call.

Thanks guys. I'm thrilled. Been light on frequency of lessons recently due to limited funds. This is a very welcome surprise indeed.

This is BoolSheet!!!!

uh, I mean, congrats and stuff.

Dagnabit!!!!!!

Thanks guys. I'm thrilled. Been light on frequency of lessons recently due to limited funds. This is a very welcome surprise indeed.

Congrats, Hamish. Now we're going to expect you to increase your post count exponentially with tales of this new plane and you finishing your lessons!

Fly safely!

I did indeed. Most surreal phone call of my life. I was in the (large international) airport terminal picking up a friend when I got the call.
Congrats! I'm loving the fact that this game is rigged in this forum's favor ;) I'm surprised you were so open to admitting it so quickly. I was paranoid and didn't say anything online until I had the notification letter in hand (which was mostly a photo release, which ultimately meant nothing... only a few photos on the ferry pilot's iphone taken, none ended up anywhere that I could find) lol

Haha. If I'm honest I thought briefly about it but it isn't the lottery. I don't have a bunch of money to be asked for. Rather, now I have a winged bucket to throw money into.

As for photos, I'm not that gorgeous. If someone wants my photo that badly, good for them.

Thanks all for the congrats!

I'm starting to feel like I'm the only one on PoA who hasn't won an airplane. :)

Congrats. That's great.

congrats! curious...how much tax does one need to pay on such a winning?

Many congratulations to the lucky winner. Welcome to the club. In answer to the tax question, I had to sell my old airplane to pay the taxes on the sweepstakes prize...

Many congratulations to the lucky winner. Welcome to the club. In answer to the tax question, I had to sell my old airplane to pay the taxes on the sweepstakes prize...

Which one did you win? I know I've asked before but I can't remember.

I'm revising my feelings about gambling. We need a sticky thread with all the legit plane raffles. Well the low buck ones I ain't got the tax money for a new one.

won an EAA sweepstakes Cherokee, one of the cleanest flying. Just came out of annual, in fact.
Yep, that'll do it. EAA, Sportys, and AOPA are the high value raffles, for sure! I'm not so sure even selling mine would cover the tax liability on one of those lol

Grumble grumble... plane winner... grumble.. Sacramento grumble... 4gph...

uxtszVx.jpg

Well she's finally here, for anyone who's curious. Attached are a few shots for those who may like to have a look.

By way of impressions - it would appear that Wings Of Hope has some pretty darn good mechanics working for them. N19630 is a dream to fly - easily the smoothest and steadiest 172 I've had the pleasure of flying. Climbs like you wouldn't believe (I'm sure the STOL kit is responsible for that), trims out easily, flies true, and handles smoothly. I couldn't possibly ask for any more. For those going to Oshkosh, we'll likely be taking her out there.

Anyway...the paperwork is done and the fun is just beginning.

Images here: http://imgur.com/a/hDA4q

Congratulations. Fly it far and often!

Back